okay right now my setup is line 6 halfstack and a les paul custom with a few effect pedals

but i just got gig money ie $550 dollars and im really wanting to get a metal guitar with a floyd rose

i really loved the feel of ibanezs but not liking the tremolos

im gonna get flamed for this but i was thinking about getting a johnson catalyst and throwing in an original floyd rose and some emgs ?

any advice ?
get a new amp instead
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
get a new amp instead

he doesn't want one...

I think Johnson is comparable to any guitar, they are great, my guitar instructor has a a full room full of them and they play great!
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by .Jamison
he doesn't want one...

He asked for advice. I gave him advice.

stfu please...im in no mood for ""
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
the person that told me to get a new amp is probably a stereotypical peavey valveking or tube amp person

but with the right effects line 6 has great tone
Quote by Impress93
the person that told me to get a new amp is probably a stereotypical peavey valveking or tube amp person

+1

Quote by shredhead22
He asked for advice. I gave him advice.

stfu please...im in no mood for ""

Gear
The person who told you to get a new amp is correct. It isn't stereotypical at all, people advise getting new amps (tube preferably) because that is what will enhance your sound the most. If you want bad advice I suggest you go to your local guitar store and ask the salesman with the toothy grin, who cares about nothing more than selling you the worst piece of kit for the highest price. Don't slate the people on here who aren't getting paid to give you advice and are taking time out of their day to try and help you, you arrogant little sod.
If you don't want honest advice, don't ask for it.

Rant over.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
He wants a metal guitar with a floyd tho, he likes his amp!
Gear
Quote by Impress93

lol.

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by .Jamison
he likes his amp!

For the moment, but when he grows some ears he'll want to cut them off again.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
go with a schecter. most of their guitars come with the option of a Floyd
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Alright. You are a 14 year old kid that has been on UG for 12 days and you own a Spider Halfstack. You have NO ROOM to talk and wag fingers at people for giving good advice. Your guitar is infinitly better than your amp, so sell the amp and use that with the money you have to get something actually good and deal with the Epiphone because they are fine for what you need.
Floyd roses are a pain in the ass unless you know damn well how to take care of them. I would NOT recommend getting a guitar with a floyd rose at the moment. Go for an amp!
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Impress93

Im not trying to be stereotypical. I've been to 2 different shows this month where a metal guitarist was using a Spider III halfstack; and guess what, their tone sounded like crap when mixed with the rest of the band. btw, no point in getting EMGs for a spider III. that amp already sounds like mud at high volumes, and won't sound any better w/ active pups. To improve your sound you don't need new pups/guitar, you need a new amp.
And why do you want a cheap guitar with a better floyd and pups anyway? I don't know much about that guitar, but i know that about 80% of the time when someone wants to swap out a trem bridge on this forum they don't realize the pain it could cost them for additional routing and drilling just to upgrade a crappy guitar. That guitar's not worth the time and effort tbh

EDIT: sorry Yngwi3, i couldn't pass up that kind of sig
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 27, 2008,
+ whatever on the buy an amp first crew. Hello Shread, Ingwi and acdcrocks, nice to see you again. Epi LP is a nice guitar, congrats. For that kind of money you can get a pretty nice used amp if you look around. Good luck.
putting a new tremolo and switching from passive to active is more trouble than you think it is.
besides, new pickups won't do a damn thing for your sound anyway with your current amp, so if your sticking with the spider, you might as well spend that money elsewhere.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Like on drugs?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Like on drugs?

guitarist don't call psychotropic narcotics "drugs", they call it inspiration
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Impress93

no, it does not

1: Sell halfstack
2: Find used 5150 combo
3: Great tone
4: ??????
5: PROFIT!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
no, it does not

1: Sell halfstack
2: Find used 5150 combo
3: Great tone
4: ??????
5: PROFIT!

The Muffin Man Strikes again!

Listen to this guy. He's right

Dude your epi should be fine. An amp does a helluva lot more to the tone than a guitar. and your amp is saddening...
I don't want to sound completely profound, but your sound comes from your amp. Some of your tone comes from your guitar. But only that which isn't eliminated by having an amp that can't produce good tones. I think I just went crosseyed...
its not the fact i want a better tone with my guitar i love the tone of my les paul.
im just getting tired of a heavy guitar thats really not a shredder. ill buy a new amp when i need one and the spider isnt the only amp i have, i also have a crate v series tube amp.

and the catalyst comes with a floyd rose and thats all im really looking for. maybe to play like beat it solo and stuff like.

and by the way im fifteen and just because ive been on UG for 12 days or whatever doesnt mean ive been playing guitar for 12 days and im still standing up for line 6 and its the flextone series.
Quote by Impress93
the spider isnt the only amp i have, i also have a crate v series tube amp.

its the flextone series.

lulz at our assumptions

THIS IS WHAT GG&A DOES TO YOU
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

and i cant reach the highest frets on my les paul because of the body.

and is not like im gonna go play gigs with the catalyst just a guitar to experiment with floyd roses and maybe upgrade and customize to my liking

and theres no way im spending alomst a $1000 dollars on an amp
Hmm maybe look at Jackson Dinkys?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

i cant stand the black that most jacksons come in, i was looking for a quilted top guitar somthing that actually looks nice.

btw im not a heavy metal shredder
the thing i dont like abou deans is none of the shops around here sell them and ive heard either its a good one or a bad one
I've got 3, they're all good. The key is $600 and above.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Impress93

and by the way im fifteen and just because ive been on UG for 12 days or whatever doesnt mean ive been playing guitar for 12 days and im still standing up for line 6 and its the flextone series.

your fourteen
Quote by blackenedktulu
I Don't Really Know But Capitalising The First Letter In Every Word Is Really Annoying.

As For Me I Like To Play My Own Songs, As I Am Not Into Show Boating.
im fifteen

my birthdays not really september third i just put that because it makes 9/3/93

which i thought was cool i just turned fifteen in june