I play mostly punk rock and have a marshallMG100DFX and i was thinking of getting a peavey valveking but i can't decide on the 50w or 100w, i heard 100wSS amp sounds as loud as a 30wtube and i want an amp just as loud or maybe a little louder, would the 50w tube do the job, other than that does anyone have any better suggestions for a tube amp, price range under $800.
The 50 Watt would definately do the job
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Explosion

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 112

Effects:
BOSS ME-50
Metal Muff
A Class A 30-Watt tube amplifier is louder than 100 watts SS.

50 watts is plenty loud. Maybe too loud. But definitely good loud.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Oh wow, there are lots of better amps in that price range than a Valveking. It depends on what type of tone you like (i know you said you play punk, but i'm not sure that I personally know what amps fit that well). Traynor is worth a look. The YCV50BLUE would be good if you like a marshally sound, or YCV40WR if you lean more american sound. The Peavey Classic 30 or 50 is worth a look, too, although I don't know if it's modern enough.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...