Page 1 of 3
I'm really looking forward to their new album. I own all there Cd's and Tim Armstrong's a poet's life. Has anybody heard "L.A River". I did but it was such bad quality I couldn't really hear it that well but it still sounded sweet. Is anybody body else gonna see them live this summer I'm seeing them september 9nth in Calgary, Alberta. It's gonna be sweet!!
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
i know they doing a show in berkley with teh aquabats
Dick+strings= owww
At the Fonda Theater with Left Alone and the Adolescents. Should be a great show.

New CD should be good too.

Get the B and C sides CD Rancid came out with a few months ago. Some really good ska songs on it.
Ah God not another one...
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by SexShop

Get the B and C sides CD Rancid came out with a few months ago. Some really good ska songs on it.

Would you be so kind as to name those aforementioned ska songs.

I think Tim can write some pretty dec. white boy ska.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Would you be so kind as to name those aforementioned ska songs.

I think Tim can write some pretty dec. white boy ska.

The Subhumans play the best white-person ska.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
Citizen Fish play the best white-person ska.

Fixed.

Can't wait for the new Rancid release.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
No one mentions Op Ivy haha.

There's some user on here that has the funniest sig about Tim Armstrong. Something about him sounding like Opie from Family Guy and being a genius. I always laugh when I see it.

Anyway, Out Come The Wolves will always be a good album to me, but recently the band has really erupted into a downward spiral, I highly doubt this new album will be fundamental in any way.

On a side-note, Hellcat records has gotten just a bit too large. Seems like Armstrong will put anyone out now.

EDIT: Reps to Iluvpowerchords for the awesome sig That may very well be my favorite DM song, right next to Methodist Coloring Book.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Last edited by Greenfinger182 at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by Greenfinger182
There's some user on here that has the funniest sig about Tim Armstrong. Something about him sounding like Opie from Family Guy and being a genius. I always laugh when I see it.

That's Mike2's signature. He quoted... ME!
In that case, you're a funny man.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Mitch needs to go back to NN2S. I don't care how many times he says MSL is the same as NN2S, just with different characters. Although the recent ones have been kinda funny.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
There's a couple of gems, but a majority aren't that good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If I had a dollar for everytime someone put up the Tim Armstrong nothingnice.com comic..
Quote by SexShop
If I had a dollar for everytime someone put up the Tim Armstrong nothingnice.com comic..

You'd have enough for a lifetime supply of 40's!!!

But for realz what are the ska songs names?
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Fixed.

Can't wait for the new Rancid release.

Citizen Fish IS the Subhumans.

Duh.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
You'd have enough for a lifetime supply of 40's!!!

But for realz what are the ska songs names?

This is very true. I'm actually leaving my house to get a 40 of King Cobra right now.

I don't have the CD with me let me look them up.
to iluvpowerchords the ska songs are
I wanna riot
stop
things to come
I think that's it, but check out devil's dance too, ****in rocks
Its 1:00 for me right now. And I have band practice so I have to drink a 40 while I play.

And I usually start drinking when I wake up which is around noonish 1 or 2.
I'm hoping Rancids new CD is going to be similar to what Tims been writing recently -a lot of ska/reggae.

For anyone that has seen Rancid on their tour so far are they playing anything from the B and C sides album? Or how is their set this time around?
Quote by axeslash
Citizen Fish IS the Subhumans.

Duh.

Citizen Fish = 2 members of Subhumans + Jasper + Silas (as of july 2006)

Subhumans = 2 current members of Citizen Fish + 1 ex member + Bruce

2 members of Citizen Fish were once in Culture Shock (Dick and Jasper)

Culture Shock contained One member of Subhumans + Bill, Nige and Paul (replaced by Jasper)

There yer go, simple innit. Clear as treacle.
They need to make another one like Rancid 2000.

The ska's ok but Tim should keep that for himself.
Quote by RockThe40oz
aXeslash is awesome and I completely agree with his views.
Fix'd.
I dl'ed Stop yesterday and it launched an all day reggae jam session.

Much Arnie P was consumed.

It's a pretty great song. Even though I have no idea what Tim's saying.
Tim plays some good ska guitar and songwriting on a B sides CD even.

I saw someone at the show yesterday with 'A Poets Life' backpatch on his vest. I thought he was boss.
Clarity on pronunciation has never been a huuuge issue within punk music. But like any band if you're not used to Tim Armstrongs vocals it can be hard to understand. I know everything he says.
It's like Rastarfarian english or Jamaican Patois.

The more you hear it the easier it is to decipher.

Same thing goes with Tim
Quote by SexShop
Clarity on pronunciation has never been a huuuge issue within punk music. But like any band if you're not used to Tim Armstrongs vocals it can be hard to understand. I know everything he says.

Surely the point is to understand what he's talking about?

I disagree, clarity on pronunciation IS a huge issue within punk music.
Quote by SexShop

dude, Rancid used to be my favorite band when I was like 13...

then I realized.... "wow this band totally sucks Tim Armstrong sounds like a total douche bag"

but I liked Lars Fredirekson or however the **** you spell his name, I thought his voice had class, like a real smoker-drinker type.

So I got into Lars Fredirekson and the Bastards, and got into more Rock and Rolly sounding stuff.

then I got into punk from the 80's and 70's, and realized....

Wow today's punk totally blows...

But seriously, Tim Armstrong sounds like an old grampa trying to be English and Rastafarian at the same time. just sing dude, quit trying to sound like a rasta and/or Joe Strummer. You are NOT Joe Strummer, and never will be.

plus Tim Armstrong is a total rich douche bag who is just exploiting every little scene that is happening today... that is "underground" yeah right...

I hate fake mother ****ers...

end rant
What part of Tim Armstrong is fake to you? What about him don't you think he's trying to be himself? The way he sings? Sounds like Joe Strummer? I don't think it sounds like Strummer. Maybe influenced. Everyone has influences. Rancids music sounds like a lot of different influences just like every band. Except Rancid has a very unique sound that is their own.

Lars Frederiksen is the weakest part of Rancid. His guitar playing is average and his singing tries to make Rancid a street oi sing along band when Tim Armstrongs vision is clearly punk with storylike songwriting lyrics and a traditional to two tone ska. But thats exactly what gives Rancid their own sound and exactly why Lars compliments Tim and the rest of the guys so well.

Tim Armstrong has money because he co owns a record label featuring bands that are doing well in the punk and psycho scenes such as the Unseen, Tiget Army, Horrorpops..

How was Tim a douche when you met him? Or have you ever..

And how does punk today blow? Punk today is very strong and has a ton of great bands touring and making great music today. Punk doesn't look dead to me when I play backyard parties every weekend with 50 different kids going and dancing for no reason but theres punk there. When I've seen more punks on my street now then I did 8-9 years ago. Theres a great scene going right now. Find it.
Quote by SexShop
What part of Tim Armstrong is fake to you? What about him don't you think he's trying to be himself? The way he sings? Sounds like Joe Strummer? I don't think it sounds like Strummer. Maybe influenced. Everyone has influences. Rancids music sounds like a lot of different influences just like every band. Except Rancid has a very unique sound that is their own.

Lars Frederiksen is the weakest part of Rancid. His guitar playing is average and his singing tries to make Rancid a street oi sing along band when Tim Armstrongs vision is clearly punk with storylike songwriting lyrics and a traditional to two tone ska. But thats exactly what gives Rancid their own sound and exactly why Lars compliments Tim and the rest of the guys so well.

Tim Armstrong has money because he co owns a record label featuring bands that are doing well in the punk and psycho scenes such as the Unseen, Tiget Army, Horrorpops..

How was Tim a douche when you met him? Or have you ever..

And how does punk today blow? Punk today is very strong and has a ton of great bands touring and making great music today. Punk doesn't look dead to me when I play backyard parties every weekend with 50 different kids going and dancing for no reason but theres punk there. When I've seen more punks on my street now then I did 8-9 years ago. Theres a great scene going right now. Find it.

Tim Armstrong sings about being poor and taking subway trains from Berkley to Oakland n' ****...

when he really should be singing about taking a jet to Tokyo ya know since there Japanese tour was like oh my god so successful

Lars Fredirekson is a model....

Ska sucks...

and oh yeah Tim Armstrong sucks at singing....

by the way, where do you live? cuz your punk scene must be a million times better than my ****ty one... all we got where I live is bands like Rancid or typical Street Punk or typical grindcore/powerviolence crust ****...

I don't know..... I kinda gave up on the whole "punk" scene crap... it's just a way to make easy money...

I don't really remember what the **** point im going to but uhh have a nice day....
I think might treat myself to a Rancid concert cause it's 2 days after my bday. I don't wanna miss seeing Jesse sing with them again

(I'll be taking trains and buses lol)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Page 1 of 3