I'm really getting in to reggae bands like the Aggrolites, The Slackers, Tim armstrong's solo stuff, etc. You guys know any other good reggae bands or albums. I was gonna buy dirty reggae buy the aggrolites. peace...
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
The Mighty Diamonds - Right Time
The Heptones - Meaning of Life (if you can find it) Party Time otherwise
Lee Perry - Arkology is good but expensive, Roast Fish, Collie Weed and Cornbread is cheaper
Max Romeo - War Ina Babylon
Abyssinians - Satta Massagana
Any best of Toots and the Maytals comp
The Gladiators - Trench Town Mix Up
Dr. Alimantado - Best Dressed Chicken in Town (kinda like a precursor to the modern Rap/Reggae thing Jamaicans have going on now)
Police and Thieves - Junior Murvin
Tommy McCook Blazing Horns

and you might wanna pick up a Trojan Box set or two.

The songs are pretty hit an miss but the price is alright and they are cool things. I like the Skinhead Reggae box.

I know it barely barely counts, but the Mad Caddies album "Keep It Going" has some alright imitation reggae.

Other than that I'd just highly recommend Toots and the Maytals. If you like white-boy reggae, it might even be worth checking out The Police's older stuff and UB40.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Get that Dirty Reggae album from Aggrolites. And everything they have for sale. Its worth it.
Quote by lavazza
most reggea bands really get on my nerves, they are on stage and say: "Prahise Jamaicka! We are the dirty reggea kiffers, jo, jo, jo!"

They are worse than working class pride p0nx

well if anything it'd be "praise jah, mon" and sorry if they just want to have a positive message.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Thats cool you're getting into this stuff. Keep looking for good music like this and don't stop.

We need more people in our scene.
Quote by aetherspear
well if anything it'd be "praise jah, mon" and sorry if they just want to have a positive message.

Praise Jamaica as the best country in the world isn´t a positive message.......homophobia.......it just annoys me, but it would be unfair to complain about Cockney Rejects and the working class tr00ness and don´t lose a word about all the reggeabands