do you think its WRONG to spend large sums of money on a SINGLE object?

So do you think its WRONG, for people who can afford it to spend their cash on expensive stuff?

For example, what do you think of spending 2k and up on a watch?
On a watch, yeah, that's ridiculous as you can get them for £5-£10 that work in exactly the same way, literally
Depends what it is really. If you can afford it there's nothing stopping you...but if you've got that much money then it might be better spent on stuff that actually matters.
If you got more money than brains by all means waste it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It shows that they have a great deal of money. And if they can afford anything they want, why shoulden't they? Personally I would just put all my money on a nice interest rate making me richer by the minute. I care little for material things, but that's just me.

Ofcourse its bias.

And I think if you have LOTS of money and can buy anything you want, stuff suddenly loses value to you.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
No, the watch would be expensive since it has diamonds or gold, you can sell it later for a greater price.
Its your money, do what you want with it.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
Quote by Wigert

And I think if you have LOTS of money and can buy anything you want, stuff suddenly loses value to you.

True. Like when you crash the $180K Ferrari into a tree after drinking a $50K bottle of vintage wine, you can just go buy another of each.

I think if you can afford it, do what you gotta do. I don't care about money or material things, but if it makes you happy, then fine.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
depends on what it is, spending ALOT of money on stuff that will wear down easily like shoes = STUPID.

spending ALOT of money on stuff that will last a long time aka. earn it's price = fine with me.
I say if theres cheaper versions that aren't really that different then more expensive versions, like your example a watch, I think it's best to buy a $20 watch, cause all you need a watch for is to tell time, and why the **** do you need to spend 2K on a watch just to know what time it is?
Quote by eltyr18
I say if theres cheaper versions that aren't really that different then more expensive versions, like your example a watch, I think it's best to buy a $20 watch, cause all you need a watch for is to tell time, and why the **** do you need to spend 2K on a watch just to know what time it is?

Because a 2 grand watch is probably built/designed to a higher quality than a $20 one.

Why would I want to uprgade my 50watt hybrid amp to something fully tubed when this one handles gigs fine?
._.

My heart brakes when I'm spending sums above 10€

You like it
Most people buy expensive items to show off their wealth. That's what's sick. The bastards that DO buy those 2K rolex's to show off are the people that should burn in the fire depths of the lowest level of hell.

Now, what comes to mind for me, is that you could use your money on more important things. The homeless, third world countried, charities, etc.. I say, if you got the money, get yourself a nice house, save some money for your kids for college, buy a decent car and live a good life. The other large amount of disposable income you get could be spend on those other things, other than a nice watch.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
No, it's not wrong. It seems wrong to us because we think of all the other things we could do with £2000, but if you've got enough cash then go for it. Hell, I hope that one day I can afford to buy a 2 grand watch.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.