I just bought my fender mim strat... i have never owned a strat before... i like my bridge to be flat with the guitar so i can only whammy down... i shouldn't be able to pull up... on the underside of the bridge should i add more springs increasing the tension on the bridge... or should i screw the ground wire chassis tighter to the guitar increasing the tension on the springs?

thanks
troy
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
I think it depends on how far it is from being flat to the guitar.
If you want it tight, flat against it, I say add springs. If it's already close to being flat, and you don't want it to be so hard to push down, I say tighten the claw.
You can do both. I would personally prefer to add a spring or two though. Sometimes you can't get enough tension with just the screws depending on your string gauge.
Alright thanks...

Guitar: Fender 2002 MIM Strat hss
Strings: Ernie Ball Power Slinky Customs 48-11
Springs are aligned: Two on the right, two on the left, middle spring saddle is open.

Sound like it will work, or should I add the fifth?
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Quote by thale84
Alright thanks...

Guitar: Fender 2002 MIM Strat hss
Strings: Ernie Ball Power Slinky Customs 48-11
Springs are aligned: Two on the right, two on the left, middle spring saddle is open.

Sound like it will work, or should I add the fifth?

Well, four may be good. Mine is raised just a little and I have 3 springs with 10s on the guitar right now... I would try the screws in this case.