So i've had an epiphone sg400 for a couple years now. i love this guitar but i wanna upgrade a little. I want a gibson sg classic with the p90s. but i want it in white with a black pickguard that goes all around the pickups. if possible i also want the trapezoid inlays but i usually dont see them on the classics. Where can i find this guitar. i've looked online everywhere. or do i have to go to the gibson custom shop or something. idk how it works. but the sg classics are usually from 800-1000 dollars. if i get it with the specs that i want will the price still go up?
Quote by NSHSpolevault
So i've had an epiphone sg400 for a couple years now. i love this guitar but i wanna upgrade a little. I want a gibson sg classic with the p90s. but i want it in white with a black pickguard that goes all around the pickups. if possible i also want the trapezoid inlays but i usually dont see them on the classics. Where can i find this guitar. i've looked online everywhere. or do i have to go to the gibson custom shop or something. idk how it works. but the sg classics are usually from 800-1000 dollars. if i get it with the specs that i want will the price still go up?

Well, the question is, is this an actual SG model or is it something you're making up that you'd like? In that case it'll need to be custom or you'll have to buy one and mod it.
I checked the Gibson site and you can't get a production model like you described. BTW Gibson's MSRP is over $1500.00 on the special and it goes up from there. Custom shop will not be cheap. This one <http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/designer/SGStandard/SGStandard.html> is available in White with Trapezoid inlays but no P90s. I don't think P90s have ever been on an SG.
Moving on.....
its an actual model. gibson sg classic. i first saw it at guitar center. i think its the only model i've seen with stock p90s
Quote by KenG
I checked the Gibson site and you can't get a production model like you described. BTW Gibson's MSRP is over $1500.00 on the special and it goes up from there. Custom shop will not be cheap. This one <http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/designer/SGStandard/SGStandard.html> is available in White with Trapezoid inlays but no P90s. I don't think P90s have ever been on an SG.

guitar center has sg classics with p90s at $899. i'm just tryin to figure out where i can get it in white. actually i dont care about it being a classic. i just want it to have p90s with the full pickguard.
I wonder why they don't show up on Gibson's USA Site? Could the ones you're seeing be a discontinued line that hasn't sold out yet?
Moving on.....
I wouldn't recommend painting a genuine Gibson as you'll devalue it considerably. Maybe you could mod up an Epi instead?
Moving on.....
i have an epi right now. i looked at the classic with p90s today and they looked much wider than humbuckers. would the pickguard or body have to be altered in any way in order of new p90s to be put in. and how much would that run i'm not too familiar with alterations and prices.
Just buy one and put inlays in it.

Stew Mac sells Gibson style inlays for cheap. They're easy to put in. You just need a Dremell and some super glue.

Painting a guitar is simple as well.

Go for it.
Quote by SenorSmiley

Stew Mac sells Gibson style inlays for cheap. They're easy to put in. You just need a Dremell and some super glue.

Go for it.

my last guitar paint job didnt go too well. i'd rather find a white sg and put p90s in it.
Quote by SenorSmiley

Go for it.

their like stickers.

TS, the model you ask for does not exist. as for the gibson website. the new format is still fairly new so not eveerything is on there yet.
Quote by kckyle
their like stickers.

TS, the model you ask for does not exist. as for the gibson website. the new format is still fairly new so not eveerything is on there yet.

which one is the model that comes standard with p90s. i kno i've seen em. the one i saw said classic.