I really need some help!
I have to choose between the Peavey Vavleking 112 or the Vox AD50VT 212 but I can't! I need some advice on which you guys prefer. I play absolutely anything, so which amp would you say is more diverse and better sounding?

Thanks in advance
Not sure myself, but the VOX has a 2 x12 arrangement which is nice for playing gigs. While 1 x 12 is OK it never moves as much air as two!
Moving on.....
valveking, i have one myself. Its very versatile.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by KenG
Not sure myself, but the VOX has a 2 x12 arrangement which is nice for playing gigs. While 1 x 12 is OK it never moves as much air as two!

the valveking comes in 112 AND 212 AND stack
Quote by TheProducer
One is tube.

One is not.

Apples vs. Oranges

well, technically, the Vox has like 1 tube, but i would still call it SS. but yes, the Valveking wins IMO
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400

well, technically, the Vox has like 1 tube, but i would still call it SS. but yes, the Valveking wins IMO

The Vox has a preamp tube and a solid state power amp.
Quote by TheProducer
The Vox has a preamp tube and a solid state power amp.

Has a preamp tube in the power stage of amplification.

It really depends on what you want. IMO, the Valveking has really, really bad cleans. Low gain is alright, and high gain is better. That's just me. I personally would not buy a Valveking.

If you want good cleans, good mid gain, and decent high gain, Valvetronix. If you want purely high/semi high gain, Valveking. If you want only cleans and low gain, Palomino V32 or Crate V33/V50.
Quote by imgooley

It really depends on what you want. IMO, the Valveking has really, really bad cleans. Low gain is alright, and high gain is better. That's just me. I personally would not buy a Valveking.

If you want good cleans, good mid gain, and decent high gain, Valvetronix. If you want purely high/semi high gain, Valveking. If you want only cleans and low gain, Palomino V32 or Crate V33/V50.

I think we discuss in every thread somehow. Either way, it's still very different than the Valveking.

We can't really just pick one for you.
Quote by TheProducer
I think we discuss in every thread somehow.

Unfortunately...

But like you said, we can't decide for you.
Quote by imgooley

I actually found out yesterday night when i was researching some stuff the cleans on the VK are modeled after a fender but where they went wrong as using a audio taper pot instead of a linear. But with the right eq'ing really nice cleans can be had... I forgot what the guy said to do, its on my home computer...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I actually found out yesterday night when i was researching some stuff the cleans on the VK are modeled after a fender but where they went wrong as using a audio taper pot instead of a linear. But with the right eq'ing really nice cleans can be had... I forgot what the guy said to do, its on my home computer...

Well, If you could find the settings, I'll try them out next time I go to play a VK, but as of now, I could not find a good clean tone, no matter what I did. They always... pop. Very little dynamic control, you know?
Quote by imgooley
Well, If you could find the settings, I'll try them out next time I go to play a VK, but as of now, I could not find a good clean tone, no matter what I did. They always... pop. Very little dynamic control, you know?

I really didn't the the VK when I played it either. Good amp, just not my thing. Between the two he suggested I would take it, but I would honestly prefer something a little more vintage and with better cleans.
Quote by bjovi400

My mistake, I'm not overly familiar with the model but when I see a VT in the Model No. I generally assume Vaccumn Tube somewhere. Any mix of SS vs Valve, even if only one tube is used is a hybrid. They're not bad sometimes. I had a Music Man RD50 years ago, it was a hybrid, SS front end with Tube Push Pull outputs with 1-12" speaker. It keeps the cost down to mix the two technologies. Power supply and Output transformers can add considerably to the cost of a unit, not to mention tubes themselves. I also assumed that the two (Peavey & VOX) models quoted are similarily priced if they're being compared otherwise what's the point?
BTW I heard a Peavey (used) at Monster Music here one day (1/2 Stack) and it was one of their higher gain models (XXX or XXL series) and man was it noisy! My old Bravo had the same overdrive capabilities but it was not nearly that bad. I'm taking serious hiss and noise here.
Moving on.....
Valveking. My cousin had the vox, he didn't like it at all and it broke not long after he got it.
My friend was playing a 1x12 valveking that he had borrowed on clean at a jazz gig. I thought it sounded pretty good, he was pushing it quite hard though. The guy in my band has the valvetronix 2x12 and imo its versatile but it sounds quite 'muffled' - not the real deal you know. Also if you buy the vox you will have to fish the input jack out of the amp a few times. Tubes over ss anyday anyway
trust me on this: get the valveking. I bought a vox ad50vt and took it back the next day. It sounded okay in the store but when I got it home and really gave it a workout, it sounded like cardboard. Literally like cardboard and I wasn't even aware that cardboard had a sound...until now. Get a tube amp over a solid state at all costs. Seriously.
Quote by afrika18
trust me on this: get the valveking. I bought a vox ad50vt and took it back the next day. It sounded okay in the store but when I got it home and really gave it a workout, it sounded like cardboard. Literally like cardboard and I wasn't even aware that cardboard had a sound...until now. Get a tube amp over a solid state at all costs. Seriously.

And the cleans on the Valveking sound like popcorn. Seriously, it depends on what TS wants. He said he plays absolutely everything, which the Valveking can do, but not really. If he wants higher gain, yes. If he wants lower gain or cleans, no.

As I said before, Crate V33/V50 is better for cleans and low/medium gain, VK for high, AD50VT for less pure tone, but better at covering the whole spectrum from low to high.

My AD50VT doesn't sound like cardboard.
I live in australia. Ive had to make the decison between valvtronix and a tube amp. Valve kings are well over $1000 here. If i lived in the U.S i would buy a valveking
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
I think VK's have nice cleans, I use the same clean settings as Sadistic Sponge does in his demo.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Have you checked out Traynor by any chance? They're reasonably priced all tube amps and the comapny has been around for decades.
Moving on.....