yakuza11
275 IQ
I know there are some insane albums showing off slowhand's live blues prowess. Anybody got any suggestions what i should look for?
riffmasterjosh
UG Fanatic
501 IQ
461 ocean boulevard (second disc) and e.c. was here
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Last edited by riffmasterjosh at Jun 27, 2008,
Dchild042
Starch and Grease
45 IQ
If your into acoustic type stuff go for Unplugged. And another album i discovered recently was Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert. Its on itunes and it has layla, little wing and a bunch of bluesy songs you might like.
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
There's an Eric Clapton compilation CD called "Blues." One disc is all studio stuff, and the other is all live stuff. It's a great buy.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
claptonfan55
Bluesius Maximus
408 IQ
Quote by TNfootballfan62
There's an Eric Clapton compilation CD called "Blues." One disc is all studio stuff, and the other is all live stuff. It's a great buy.

I second that. The live disc is particularly awesome.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Gris-Gris-Man
savage
467 IQ
I think the best live stuff from clapton are Live Cream (both volumes)

Sweet Wine is over 15 minutes of non stop Cream-Jam!
Highbinder
Stoned isthewayofthe Walk
1,975 IQ
Quote by riffmasterjosh
e.c. was here

I have that on vinyl.. I LOVE that album.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
MrBlues
Feelin the Blues
155 IQ
Unplugged is really good for his acoustic stuff, and then there is like stacks and stacks of electric blues.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
dr_john
yer blues
278 IQ
'just one night' (live at budokan) is pretty good.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
6SickStrings
21 IQ
Me & Mr Johnson and Riding with the King are my two favorite 'blues' albums by Mr EC. The two Crossroads Guitar Festival DVDs are full of great blues stuff as well.
John873
32 IQ
try Derek and the Dominos "Live at the Fillmore" it has some great jams from his Cream and Blind Faith days, also theres a 20 minute version of Let It Rain!