This thread is dedicated to the most underrated guitar line out there: the paul reed smith se line. All the quality and tone you want without breaking the bank. If you own one, come to this thread to talk about what you like or dislike about it, what kind of mod work you have done on it, or just to ask questions.
I own a paul reed smith se custom, cherry sunburst with tremolo. I absolutly love this guitar, my only complaint is with the strap locks and somewhat restricted access to higher frets (although that could just be the fact that i have small fingers)
Anyway I'm hoping to upgrade mine soon with HFS pickups, better strap locks, a coil tap, and locking tuners
I just bought mine the other day. PRS SE Singlecut in Tobacco Burst, I believe.

Only complaint is that since putting new strings on it (twice) It's been a pain to keep in tune. But now it is finally staying in tune and everything is good.
May look into upgrading the pickups sometime but I like them as they are. Very Versatile.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
they look pretty sweet hows the sound quality on them things?
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
they sound great. they are very versatile and can pretty much get any sound u want out of them
What's next? "The Official Michael Amott Signature ESP Ninja Thread"? I admit its a decent guitar but for ****'s sake it doesn't need its own thread.
Quote by Eric 666
What's next? "The Official Michael Amott Signature ESP Ninja Thread"? I admit its a decent guitar but for ****'s sake it doesn't need its own thread.

+1

...I do like the PRS SE Customs though. I tried one in GC the other day and it was quite nice. And the Ninja is a pretty sweet guitar.
I have the SE Custom. Great guitar when you put locking tuners on it. I love it
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by Eric 666

SE is not one guitar model though is it, there's an entire range of guitars within the SE brand. Therefore it's as acceptable to have a PRS SE Thread as it is an Epiphone Thread or an ESP LTD Thread.

More to the point, I'm currently saving up for an SE Singlecut, the Tobacco Sunburst model to be precise. I love everything about this guitar, although I'd consider changing the pickups, possibly to a BKP Nailbomb set if I could afford it.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
I played the Singlecut and it had some weird feeling about it. Play both the singlecut and the custom when you try them out.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by phip
I played the Singlecut and it had some weird feeling about it. Play both the singlecut and the custom when you try them out.

thats because it has the cutaway if ur used to playing a traditional les paul wich is bigger and doesnt conform with ur body, the singlecut will feel weird
and thank you to whoever reaffirmed that this thread is legit cuz its a brand.
anyway keep the stories coming i like to read these stories
ehh what do you guys think about the prs se custom fo me. i play classic rock and rock type stuff. i likey zeppelin, hendrix, doors, sabbath. even up to the foo fighters. i also like some satch, paul gilbert, steve vai type stuff.

ive played one and from what i recall i really like it. but that was about a year ago. sooo yea. just tell me what you think. thanks!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
They are the best guitar you can buy for the price range. They are great for classic rock and things like that. I would get one if I only had around $550 to spend.
how are the se customs at thrash metal kind of stuff and is the bridge easier to restring then the ibanez floaters?

thanx
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
God I love the look and the sound - Santana showed and literally sold the brand for me. Price wise Im a little out of my depth.... plus im saving currently for a new acoustic which will take a very long time as it is...
Customized Fender Stratocastor Standard
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Lag GLA200BCE
Quote by sandman-105
how are the se customs at thrash metal kind of stuff and is the bridge easier to restring then the ibanez floaters?

thanx

If Akerfeldt can use PRS guitars to play in Opeth, you can play thrash.

As for the Ibanez floaters.... teehee, floaters!
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
I tried an SE Custom and didn't like the neck, too finished if you ask me
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ldzppln81
does the PRS SE custom have a very thick neck?

Well its thinner than an Epi Lp's neck, for reference.

And BTW, when I played one at guitar center, the SE custom was so smooth playing, i dont know what it was, but it was really a great guitar, sounds great too.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

I have one. It was my first 'real' electric guitar. It can't match the tone of my strat but its still the best guitar in its price range.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by cloudjessie42
Well its thinner than an Epi Lp's neck, for reference.

And BTW, when I played one at guitar center, the SE custom was so smooth playing, i dont know what it was, but it was really a great guitar, sounds great too.

yea ive played them at guitar center too and ive really liked them but im just trying to get a feel for whats out there because i have rather smaller hands for a guitarist and it might help to try thinner necks.
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
I'm planning on getting a PRS Paul Allender SE after Christmas and my birthday. Ahhhh, if only I had enough for a CE 24. Which locking tuners should I get for it?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by tguitar200
were do they make the se models? Are they american?

I think they're made in Korea.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I've got a SE Custom 24, I really like them, the pups are pretty decent but i haven't had much experience with different pups as this is only my 2nd guitar, (my other is a low range Epi LP) but I plan on getting new pups and locking tuners.. a way to split the coils like on the Gibson Axcess LPs would be pretty awesome. I mainly play rock and some metal with clean blues every now and then, I'm gonna want to keep a nice clean tone that wont get muddy.
I have a PRS SE 25th Ann Custom 24 (very long name lol)
It looks and sounds amazing and plays like a dream
Only took me a year of saving to buy lol
The neck perfect thickness and the bird inlays just make it special
It has a Royal Blue finish
i have a SE custom 25th anniversary etc. its stonkin knockout guitar.

i've changed strings (gone up to 10's) and it only needed a tweak on the claw screws to bring the bridge back down. i haven't had any problems with tuning stability.

the neck is thin but quite wide across the fret board, which i find good.

good tonal range, cleans ok and great when overdriven, i don't feel any need to change the pups.

my other guitars are a mia standard strat with texas specials pups and a mia strat deluxe, the prs se is a great addition to my collection.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
i wouldnt say their the most underrated.. id go with the higher end squires as being the most underrated.
I was going to pick one up last year but when I finally had the money to upgrade from my crap guitar I found out they discontinued the PRS SE Custom 24 I wanted. I spent 3 months trying to get hold of one but to no avail, so settled with a Fender Telecaster, which I love to pieces, but I still hope to get hold of one at some point in the future.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Skinny91
I was going to pick one up last year but when I finally had the money to upgrade from my crap guitar I found out they discontinued the PRS SE Custom 24 I wanted. I spent 3 months trying to get hold of one but to no avail, so settled with a Fender Telecaster, which I love to pieces, but I still hope to get hold of one at some point in the future.

Exact same thing happened to me, except i didn't buy a new guitar yet. I'm saving up for the new PRS SE custom 24, and if that gets discontinued ill have to wait until the old one comes back.