I recently posted thread in here about my poor control of dynamics. Well, I got a lot of answers that explained what I was doing wrong which, I already knew but, none of them explained how to train my dynamics. So heres my question. Are there any specific exercises that I should do to increase the control of my dynamics or should I just run up and down scales on a clean channel?
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

the way i fixed mine was played everything i knew slow for a week with gain at half on my amp so you can hear the screw ups,
if you're talking about dynamics as in going from loud to soft and vice versa, the scales wont do anything. practice a song, and each time you get to a new section, switch from loud to soft, or the other way 'round, depending on how you played the last section. and overdo it alot. make sure that when you play the loud section, it's slightly faster, and the soft section is slow. and if you want to create suspense midpassage, then during a soft section, play one part loudly and stocatto, and then have a rest afterwards, then go back into the soft part.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Are there any specific exercises that I should do to increase the control of my dynamics or should I just run up and down scales on a clean channel?

Do that, and accent certain notes.
Call me Batman.
This is a thing my piano teacher used to make me to, but I think it works with guitar as well.

Choose a scale/arpeggio/lick and figure out how loud you can play it without messing with guitar/amp settings. Then, you try and build up to that volume by playing the lick, getting louder every time you play it. The aim is to be able to play it as many times as possible, and to get louder as little as possible each time.
^ +1, i tend to think about how i think something should sound in the sense of dynamics as i'm playing/writing it.
Quote by guitarist10
I recently posted thread in here about my poor control of dynamics. Well, I got a lot of answers that explained what I was doing wrong which, I already knew but, none of them explained how to train my dynamics. So heres my question. Are there any specific exercises that I should do to increase the control of my dynamics or should I just run up and down scales on a clean channel?

Something I've done to work on dynamics is to ......play dynamics

As an exercise, I will jam and focus on playing very soft, or very hard, or anywhere in between. The key is to focus on the issue.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
Something I've done to work on dynamics is to ......play dynamics

As an exercise, I will jam and focus on playing very soft, or very hard, or anywhere in between. The key is to focus on the issue.

+1.