so on my tele i have a high fret and i was told i could tap it down somehow is there a certain way to hammer it back down or do i just lightly tap
Quote by LeftyDave
Do they still make "Scratch-n-sniff" stickers? That'd be kewl, and if you get bored with playing, you can just smell your guitar. lol
one of the frets is popping out of the frett board higher than the others
Quote by LeftyDave
Do they still make "Scratch-n-sniff" stickers? That'd be kewl, and if you get bored with playing, you can just smell your guitar. lol
Erm... Needs to be explained better, we have no idea what you are talking about.

EDIT: Posted this too late, I get it now
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Jun 27, 2008,
lightly tap it in with a tiny / rubber hammer, being careful not to smash it flat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
1. Hammer on fret.
2. With a hammer.
3. ????
4. PROFIT
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Wow... alot of you guys are just plain dull.

A rubber mallet should work, but if you're worried about harming your guitar, take it to a professional.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
thanks for the help some of you but the rubber mallet didint work its still sticking out but thanks anyway
Quote by LeftyDave
The best thing to do is put a piece of wood on the fret then hammer it in. There is a chance it wont go in any further too. Did it just come up, or has it always been If it wont go down you will have to file it. It's not hard buy if you dont want to do it take it to a pro and have the neck re fretted.
if you take a household file to that fret, you'll flatten it for sure.

if the rubber mallet didnt work it's because you didnt strike it the right way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
how do i strike it ... maybe i just didnt hit it hard enough i just didnt want to damage my guitar
Quote by LeftyDave
Take a picture of it, maybe that could give us a better idea of the problem.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
i dont have a camera
Quote by LeftyDave