I noticed last night something weird with my guitar. I was tuning with my multi effects pedal. I was close to perfect in tune. But if I hit a note thats past, say, the 7th fret, on any string, it is not as in tune as when I hit it open.

So, I was wondering, is this a problem with my guitar/fingers, or just something that happens?

Thanks for the help.
Its called intonation, you'll have to adjust your saddles on the bridge to get it perfect.
I'll find a lesson to help you out.

EDIT: Here you go.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at Jun 27, 2008,
Are you sure you're not bending the string while you're strumming it?
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
No. I've heard (even without scalloped frets) that you can actually change the tuning of a note by pressing down on the string harder. Thats what I'm wondering about, but it feels the same.

I'm gonning to look into that lesson. My guitar sounds like **** sometimes if I try high notes.
Not every fret is gonna be in perfect tune, if you tune the 7th fret to what you want, then an open will be a little off
Quote by EddieRhoads
No. I've heard (even without scalloped frets) that you can actually change the tuning of a note by pressing down on the string harder. Thats what I'm wondering about, but it feels the same.

I'm gonning to look into that lesson. My guitar sounds like **** sometimes if I try high notes.

You can change the note by pressing harder, but if you press with normal strength, and your intonation is set correctly, the notes should be very close at least.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)