I want to get a new amp soon and i want an amp that can do alot. Ill be playing alot of coheed and cambria, but i like to play dfferent types of metal (death, hardcore, thrash) and a little shred. Can a valveking do all this or at least the the low gain stuff? i have a uber metal if i need it but i want to get away from using any uneeded pedals. I have an LTD EX-50. My budget is about $600 or less.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
A Valve King would do most of that and if you invested in a graphic EQ or an OD pedal you could do the whole b00tal bit too.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Coheed uses Mesa amps, or used to at least, I've heard they're using Uberschalls now?

Anyway, check out a Mesa F-30, F-50, DC-3 or DC-5, will cover all those tones and be 10x better than a VK.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Coheed uses Mesa amps, or used to at least, I've heard they're using Uberschalls now?

Anyway, check out a Mesa F-30, F-50, DC-3 or DC-5, will cover all those tones and be 10x better than a VK.

As far as I know they use Bogners, whether it's the uberschall or not I don't know. Are those MESAs within the $600 budget though?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
As far as I know they use Bogners, whether it's the uberschall or not I don't know. Are those MESAs within the $600 budget though?

Yeah, I know they used to use Mesas though because when I saw them a few years ago they had some Triple Rectos up there if I'm not mistaken.

And yes, they're within the $600 budget, you can only find them used as they're discontinued.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com