i want to learn it bad. i've been told im a good player but this is jibberish to me. because every beginner lesson i look at makes at all no sense to me with the modes and ionians or whatever. so does anyone no any good start off lessons.

Thanks.
I don't think that modes really count as the sort of theory you should be looking at for your first time.

Try the intervals of the major scale, harmonising the major scale and clefs/key signatures for a start.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
There are many methods and a staggering amount of tutorials online. Some very good ones too. But if you are like me, easiest is with a live teacher. It's better when each step is explained with examples.

You learn about intervals and listen to different intervals. Learn about the difference between major and minor scales, and experience the moods they create.

Isn't there some kind of music education center where you live? Maybe a bunch of guys in your neighborhood could petiton for a music teacher to organize a weekly lesson?
Quote by Emo-Slayer
so does anyone no any good start off lessons.

For start off you should get an actual person teaching you, if you don't get a teacher then you might learn it all wrong and that will cause you more grief in the future.
Quote by pwrmax
For start off you should get an actual person teaching you, if you don't get a teacher then you might learn it all wrong and that will cause you more grief in the future.

^ good advice.
shred is gaudy music
If you are still in school consider taking a music theory class. I did and it was excellent because it helped me in every aspect of music. Start out on your own by restudying basic rhythms, clefs, and intervals. But I definitely second pwrmax.
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Quote by mattfm
If you are still in school consider taking a music theory class. I did and it was excellent because it helped me in every aspect of music. Start out on your own by restudying basic rhythms, clefs, and intervals. But I definitely second pwrmax.

+1

that was my 1st taste of music theory. They had an intro to music theory class in 11th grade. What I learned there was a huge help when I went on to study music in college.

guidance, especially in the beginning stages can really make a difference in your understanding of theory.
shred is gaudy music
Failing a teacher, there is a lesson here on UG called "Learning Music Theory: The Beginning", and some articles called "The Crusade" which are great for learning the basics of music theory.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums