Hey everyone!

I've decided it's about time to take the step of buying an Ibanez guitar.
Styles of music I play range abit.
Joe satriani
Paul gilbert
Trivium
Hawthorne Heights
Enter Shikari

I have a budget of around £500 ($1000), I was looking at the JS100, wondering what you guys think.

Thanks,

-Corko93
I'm not familiar with that one. I bought a Ibanez RG prestige 2550. That was a sick guitar for those kind of music you listed.
For that much money I'd rather see you get a used Prestige model, whether it's an RG or S class, they'll come with higher-end pickups and be made in Japan instead of Korea - regardless of what you believe about build quality and components, I'll guarantee you that Made in Japan and Made in USA guitars have far better resale value later on. For $900 here in the US you can get an RG2550 Prestige model, shipped, brand new, that feels and sounds quite similar to a JEM.
i like the s presetiege its similar to the js100 but the bridge is much much better

http://ibanez.com/eg/series.aspx?s=s_prestige
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
I would also like to dissuade you from buying the JS100. It is in no way a guitar worthy to be played by any more than beginners who want to look like Satch. The higher end JS sigs are far better guitars, and I have played both the 100 and the 1200, which was awesome. From my own personal recommendation, I would ask you to consider an S series Prestige or RG Prestige. For $1000 and around there you should go no less than a Prestige instrument. Stay away from the X series, or whatever it's called, I really think they're some of the worst that Ibanez makes. Pretty crappy hunks of garbage from what I have played of them.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Corko93
Hey everyone!

I've decided it's about time to take the step of buying an Ibanez guitar.
Styles of music I play range abit.
Joe satriani
Paul gilbert
Trivium
Hawthorne Heights
Enter Shikari

I have a budget of around £500 ($1000), I was looking at the JS100, wondering what you guys think.

Thanks,

-Corko93

Maybe you could save a little longer and get a real JS.
avoid the js100- it's basically an entry level guitar but it costs £600 because it has satch's name on it.

The rg1570, as far as i'm aware anyway, is basically the same guitar as the 2550 except its pickups aren't as nice (and a few cosmetic differences). if you're willing to switch pickups soon/later, go with the 1570 as that way you can put in pickups which suit your own personal style; if not, then the 2550 will sound better out of the box.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You might also want to look into the S series with their sexy thin bodies.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt