hi this for mi final decision i like to get a tone like metallica kill em all and ride the ligthening, with an awesome distortion for heavy thrash power metal....and good cleans like cemetery gates.....what combo do you think is better???

emg 81/85
emg 81/60
seymour duncan blackouts

i have a meteoro two reverb amp 100w

and its for a dean dime o flame....
Last edited by diego alejandro at Jun 28, 2008,
for what kind of amp?
what guitar is it going into?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 27, 2008,
BLACKOUTS!!!....i played jump in the fire and seek and destroy with emgs....and with blackouts....and while yes the amp is a huge part....i get a much much better sound from my blackouts...never goin back to emgs....too damn noisy.....and sterile, stale....blackout are just bad ass....balls to the wall pickups....i bought them for my hellraiser last year...and once i bought my ax-400 i immediately ordered them for it...and if that doesnt convince you....call esp tech support...those guys are raving about them and they want to put them in all their active guitars...
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by twinturboaudi
BLACKOUTS!!!....i played jump in the fire and seek and destroy with emgs....and with blackouts....and while yes the amp is a huge part....i get a much much better sound from my blackouts...never goin back to emgs....too damn noisy.....and sterile, stale....blackout are just bad ass....balls to the wall pickups....i bought them for my hellraiser last year...and once i bought my ax-400 i immediately ordered them for it...and if that doesnt convince you....call esp tech support...those guys are raving about them and they want to put them in all their active guitars...

This guy basically has it right but... dear God, not even I used the triple dot that much and have such bad spelling.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Emg's with 18v mod....

FTW when i finally did that it brought back the dynamics, and it only cost 4.99 to mod
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by maggot2011
This guy basically has it right but... dear God, not even I used the triple dot that much and have such bad spelling.

bad spelling?...my spelling is right on...and u dont like my dot intervals?....
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
bad spelling?...my spelling is right on...and u dont like my dot intervals?....

Just ignore me. I'm a wannabe grammar nazi and a rather rude person.
Quote by maggot2011
Just ignore me. I'm a wannabe grammar nazi and a rather rude person.

ha.....no problem...
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by sirlimecat
FTW when i finally did that it brought back the dynamics, and it only cost 4.99 to mod

Yup even as much as i love EMG's i was even getting annoyed until i did the mod. Now i have 3 extra emg's waiting to go into other guitars.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup even as much as i love EMG's i was even getting annoyed until i did the mod. Now i have 3 extra emg's waiting to go into other guitars.

absolutely no offense....but people who have never experienced blackouts....do the 18volt mod
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Emg's with 18v mod....

^I've heard a clip comparing the regular EMGs with the 18v EMGs, a definite improvement, sounded awesome, but what I'd really like to hear is... BLACKOUTS MODDED FOR 18V

That would have to sound bad ass.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
^I've heard a clip comparing the regular EMGs with the 18v EMGs, a definite improvement, sounded awesome, but what I'd really like to hear is... BLACKOUTS MODDED FOR 18V

That would have to sound bad ass.

I've heard there isn't as much of a difference in the Blackouts.
I could be totally wrong though, it's just something i have heard a few times.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab