Hi
I looking for buying an Epiphone Les Paul Elitist $1099
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-518403-i1150022.gc
or a Fender American Telecaster $999.99
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-American-Standard-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-515750-i1385921.gc

I've never been at a Guitar Center store.
What do you think is the best price I can get buying any of those directly in the store, not on-line?
Thanks
Salespeople can't get you anything off, Assistant managers can only get you a max of 5% off, the store manager can get you, I believe 10%. Obviously the more expensive the guitar the more likely they won't let you "walk."

I used to work there, that policy is set in stone.
if your gonna dish out 1100 for a les paul, then why get an epiphone?
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by player o slayer
if your gonna dish out 1100 for a les paul, then why get an epiphone?

Because an Elitist is essentially and Epiphone with Gibson parts. It's cheaper, and the same quality.
Almost all the guitars on display have small scratches on the backs of them, if you bitch about them the sales person will probably knock a few bucks off. I saved $50 on my Hellraiser that way and another $50 on a case for it. Not much, but moneys money.
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
Through June 30th, guitarcenter.com had a coupon that you could get sent that was good for 10% off any 1 item. If you call them and tell them you're interested in getting something they should honor the coupon even if it hasn't come in the mail yet. I know mine was going to (I got it in the mail within 2 days anyway). They also have something on the site right now about a double midnight madness sale on Friday and Saturday with 10, 20 or 40% off. Not sure what that's all about.
Yeah from 9pm to 12midnight, today and tomorrow there is gonna be some sales. They'll let you have the same sales that would be happening on 4th of july and stuff, except you can get it today late at night.
I just talked to my Guitar Center and they said they'd be putting the sales out earlier than 9 since they want to start getting the sales. They said about 3 at that store. He checked on the American Special Mahogany that I was interested in, and the sale was going to be 10% off on that with or without my coupon. Same for MIAs. Not sure on other stuff. Today or tomorrow would seem to be a good time to go down if you're interested in getting something though.
Quote by noscottno711
Because an Elitist is essentially and Epiphone with Gibson parts. It's cheaper, and the same quality.

hmmmm, i see
(signature removed, please choose another)
You guys should go easy on the money grubbing. That really eats up their commission.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer