I've wanted a JM for a long time, and I was very excited when I found that Fender started selling these. Seeing as I can actually afford one of these, im interested. BUT, I want to know the difference between these cheaper Fender Classic JM and a '62 JM. I dont see how much more quality i would be getting by paying double for the '62 JM, besides the variety of colors.

I want to get the Classic JM because im in desperate need for a new guitar and i dont have a fortune.

Thoughts?
My Gear: Fender Jazzmaster '62 re-issue, Traynor 220W Amp, Roland EP-10, Epiphone SG Special, Digitech RP50,
Even if its not as good which I doubt, the price to fix it up probably would still be less than buying the '62.
I'd just try to find a used one or just end up buying the Classic Player. There shouldn't be much of a difference. The '62 probably has better parts that are aged or something like that.
So, go for the Classic then?
Alright cool.
My Gear: Fender Jazzmaster '62 re-issue, Traynor 220W Amp, Roland EP-10, Epiphone SG Special, Digitech RP50,
i never said that, you asked the differences, i gave you them.

i personally don't like them all that much. a CIJ isn't much more either...
Not a fan? hmm. Well I don't know then. I think i would be better off with the Classic in my opinion, but I was hoping some one here would have had some experience with one.
i know that the classic player is notorious for a lot of bridge buzzing. if you got that one, you might have to buy and install a new bridge. but that's not a huge deal. The American '62 has better pickups and probably a bridge that doesn't buzz, but maybe not.

The Mexican might not be a bad idea. From experience, I've kind of grown to trust anything with the Fender name.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by butttsecks
Not a fan? hmm. Well I don't know then. I think i would be better off with the Classic in my opinion, but I was hoping some one here would have had some experience with one.

why do you think so ?
the CIJ's are noticeably better IMO, and they aren't much more expensive.
my vote goes to a jap.

^ not only does it have better pickups, it also has the correct pickups ! the ones in the japanese and mexican jazzmasters are standard strat-like singles.
the american is the best of all fender JM's, but it's bridge tends to buzz sometimes too.
a small setup and it's fixed. that's what you get when you put 10's stock on a guitar originally made for jazz, fender.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Jun 28, 2008,