Hiya guys,

I'm a student at the academy of contemporary music in guildford and I have a big ass gig tomorrow. I'll be using the amps provided by ACM, which are beautiful Fender Hot Rod Deluxes, and my own guitar which is a fender (mexican) telecaster with a dimarzio (sp?) humbucker in the bridge pickup.

Anyway, I need to get myself a nice clean sound from it and since I have no Hot Rod at my house to test some sounds, I've decided to rely on you guys to give me some advice on what settings would be the best to get a clean sound.

For example -

Gain - 2
Middle - 4
etc.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Quote by lefthandman9876
well clean channel so no gain

neck pup

treble 10
bass 6
mid 7
reverb 4
presence 9

If you like your hearing you won't do that.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
If you like your hearing you won't do that.

+1

with a strat, that's deadly.

i use mids - 9
bass - 10
- treble- 5
-presence- 3
bright switch off
reverb - 8

at high volumes, you might want to turn down the treble and/or presence even more.
clean channel is very clean and can be cleaner depending on the speaker in the amp and the tubes in the amp. The tubes start breaking up at about 5 on clean volume.
Ok thanks guys. Now I have 2 settings I can try out before the gig today. Cheers
Quote by SamJ35
which are okay Fender Hot Rod Deluxes

fixed.

Positions related to ya in "o'clock" positions, with the middle/top of the dial being 12 o'clock.

Treble- 11-12 o'clock
Mids - 3-4 o'clock
Bass - 2 o'clock
Prescence- 11 o'clock
Reverb - 9-10 o'clock
Bright switch off

I don't like excessive reverb on my cleans. I also recommend using your neck pickup, and maybe turning down your tone control accordingly to make it a cit more creamy.
Awesome. Thanks bud.

I need to get a nice metal sound too, but that should be simple enough, its not hard when you have a guitar thats far too powerful for a recording studio!

Haha
Mine is currently set to (settings are out of 12):

Bass: 8
Mid: 5
Treb: 6
Pres: 5
Verb: 1.5

It likes single-coils. Set the amp volume louder and then back off your guitar volume for a bit more 'sweetness'. For a metal sound you'd need a different amp.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by SamJ35
Awesome. Thanks bud.

I need to get a nice metal sound too, but that should be simple enough, its not hard when you have a guitar thats far too powerful for a recording studio!

Haha

Like previously mentioned, it's not a metal amp. The amp will determine your tone more than anything, so your guitar alone isn't going to make it a fire breathing metal monster. Might want to bring a pedal, if you have a good one, the OD on HRD's kinda sucks, IMO.
When I tried a HRD, my favourite setting was:

Treble 6
Middle 6
Bass 8
Presence 6

On a single-coil Strat.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah, when I played a HRD, I liked:

Mids: 8
Bass: 6
Treble: 7

forgot the other settings like presence, but those were the basics. Probably set your presence to about noon.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I like the following settings -

Treble 6, Mids 4, Bass 4, No Bright, Presence 4, Reverb 1.8 (very sensative reverb, don't up it!)

Treble 6, Mids 8, Bass 6, No Bright, Presence 6, Reverb 2.2

On single coils.