right now im using a DS-1 to get that crunchy, high pitch squealing that i like, but it sounds kind of "weak". It lacks that ballsy punch that i want.

I really like the crunch channel but it lacks somewhat. the ultra channel blows.

Also, the amp seems to be kind of mellow.

So im guessing im going to need:
1. OD pedal
2. EQ pedal
3. Noise suppressor.

im trying to get a real punchy, blues shred tone. IE vai and beckers tone with david lee roth. please help!
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
I don't mean to state the obvious or be insulting but have you properly cranked it yet?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't mean to state the obvious or be insulting but have you properly cranked it yet?

yea, lol not really. I let it loose the first day i got it but ive had to keep it on 2 because people are home in the house.

I dont need anything for the amp?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson
yea, lol not really. I let it loose the first day i got it but ive had to keep it on 2 because people are home in the house.

I dont need anything for the amp?

I don't know but before you go spending money on pedals and such you really should crank it properly; tube amps sound good quiet yes but you really do have to crank them to unleash the true power, wait until you can do that and then see if you're still unhappy with the sound.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by seymour_jackson
right now im using a DS-1 to get that crunchy, high pitch squealing that i like, but it sounds kind of "weak". It lacks that ballsy punch that i want.

I really like the crunch channel but it lacks somewhat. the ultra channel blows.

Also, the amp seems to be kind of mellow.

So im guessing im going to need:
1. OD pedal
2. EQ pedal
3. Noise suppressor.

im trying to get a real punchy, blues shred tone. IE vai and beckers tone with david lee roth. please help!

That amp should be able to get pretty decent tone at any volume and for any genre and murder that pedal. I would suggest researching some eq'ing techniques for that amp and see what you come up with...
what are your settings on each channel?

that amp is more than adequate for getting a good clean, crunch and metal sound.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus