ok so im buying a line6 toneport UX1 tommorow and it comes with gearbox that i hear is good the recording software that comes with it is called Ableton Lite and i hear it isnt good recording stuff. But people are saying that Audacity is free and good so what do u guys like that is free to download?
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by Conor360
ok so im buying a line6 toneport UX1 tommorow and it comes with gearbox that i hear is good the recording software that comes with it is called Ableton Lite and i hear it isnt good recording stuff. But people are saying that Audacity is free and good so what do u guys like that is free to download?

Actually IMO you have it backwards.
Gearbox, the amp modeling software is ok...not great to my ear
but AL is a nice program once you learn it.

I suggest Reaper over Audacity since you can do a lot more with it. It is harder to learn and such but its well worth it in the end. Price is *affordable* but if you are going to be using it to put music out on the net its suggested that you get the license.

Also see this pinned post:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369733

edit:
ok so it's not free but it's affordable. you can use the trial version forever if you wish to though.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 27, 2008,
There's a program called N-Track. It's pretty darn good and has some nice plug-ins and options to use.

It's not free, but the demo version they have on their website IS free, and it has almost all the features of the full version.