So I've decided to get a tube amp, walk away from my Spider III.
The Peavey 6505 combo is what I want.
I want a really good high gain amp to give a good metal sound and this is pretty good and fits my budget well.
However, I need pedals right? So I've got:
- Boss MT-2

So I get kinda lost from here...I'm a sloppy player and I'll need another pedal to keep some background noise quiet.
Will a Noies Gate do? Or a Compressor?
I'm complete noob to this guys sorry.
=(
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
you wont need the boss mt-2 if you get the 6505. sell it and get a noise gate if its the static hum in the background your talking about
I doubt you'll need any pedals for a 6505 amp, maybe a delay or chorus for the clean? But otherwise you wouldn't really need it.

A noise gate is something you'll need, as the amp will scream and wail with high gain and at most volumes.

One thing Ill say is, it's a tube amplifier... There for, to get the best out of it, and get optimum breakup/distiortion, it WILL have to be cranked up (volume wise) OR get an attenuator but have heard they burn the tubes up faster, it will allow you to play at lower volumes yet still get a fully cranked/saturated distortion sound.

-Paul
Yeah, a noise gate ought to be fine - a decent one though.

And, no, please don't use an MT-2 through a 6505. If anything you will just want a like OD (like a Tubescreamer) to tighten it up a bit.
Adam
Sweet thanks for the help
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
btw i see on your sig you say saving up for a 6505 or a valveking. go for the 6505. it'll be worth money and is leagues better than the valveking. although the vk 112 is decent for the price, it would really pay off to go all out for the 6505
ISP Decimator,
EHX Deluxe Memory Man/MXR Carbon Copy,
EHX Small Clone,
MXR 10 Band EQ,
Maxon OD808/Maxon OD-9,

Wah...maybe?
Whammy if you really want...
All I can think of really.

I'm planning to get most of these myself for my 6505+
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by iTzMaTT
So I've decided to get a tube amp, walk away from my Spider III.
The Peavey 6505 combo is what I want.
I want a really good high gain amp to give a good metal sound and this is pretty good and fits my budget well.
However, I need pedals right? So I've got:
- Boss MT-2

So I get kinda lost from here...I'm a sloppy player and I'll need another pedal to keep some background noise quiet.
Will a Noies Gate do? Or a Compressor?
I'm complete noob to this guys sorry.
=(

Well make sure you buy the 6505/5150 combo used, much better deal.
Definitely need a Decimator, you would definitely benefit from an OD and yeah all the other stuff people have said.
Also, save some money to replace the speakers in the combo, they're ****.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Hey man, I think you should get a 5150 combo if you don't need to the cleans. I just scored one for 450$ used. I'm probably going to get a ISP Noise decimator and a BBE Sonic Maximizer to just tighten up the sound a bit.