I am fitting my avatar cab with some speakers, most likely warehouse, and I would like to know which would be a good fit for my Triple XXX

There is the Veteran 30, which is supposed to be an improved Celestion Vintage 30, but they just recently raised the price to $65 from $45 just a while ago(a HUGE difference when you are buying 4 of them).

Then there is the Retro 30 speaker, which sounds just like a souped up Veteran 30 for the same amount of money. I want to go with the V30 for a safe bet, but seems like i would get more for my money with this.

The Green Beret is also available, which is a Greenback clone. I am afraid 25 watts per speaker would not be much clean headroom, but i wonder if pairing two of these with 2 Retro or Veteran 30s would fix that.

Any advice would be great!
Quote by patriotplayer90
The Green Beret is also available, which is a Greenback clone. I am afraid 25 watts per speaker would not be much clean headroom, but i wonder if pairing two of these with 2 Retro or Veteran 30s would fix that.

Any advice would be great!

You're gonna get the same amount of headroom pairing two Green Berets with anything else. Lowest speaker rating x 4 = cab handling. I think you'd be best off with the Retro 30 or Reaper.
I always found the stock speaker on the XXX to be mediocre. I bought a used one with an Eminence Legend in it, and it sounds pretty good. All of the speakers you listed would probably be an upgrade from the stock.

EDIT: nvm you have the head, not the combo, missed that lol.