my mom is offering me $800 to go visit my dad because she wants me to have a father son relationship with him. except i hate him. should i do it and take her money or just say no and go get a job and make my own money?
$800 ===> Coke and Hookers
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
$800 just to see sum1 who wants to be part of your life with good intentions seems like a no brainer to me!!
"99 ways to dave"
deal
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
This, this right here is the correct option.
go see your father. see if you can reconciliate with him. give him a chance.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
You can always give him a second chance. I wish I had a father-figure areound.

I thought this thread was gonna be about the show. I swear that show is aimed at the horney teenage audience. It's reeled me in all too many times.
Don't take the money but go and try to patch things up with your dad anyways? (If possible. Truthfully, it could be unforgivable, but in most cases it's not).
deal dude you dont even have to talk to him that much but you get 800 bucks
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
See if you can get an even grand out of it!!! Either way i'd go for it just because if it works out, you get a renewed relationship with your father and $800. If it doesn't work out, you get $800. To me, that sounds like a win-win, but then again, I know nothing about you and your father's relationship and as to why it deteriorated as much as it seems.
Quote by Sakattack75
go see your father. see if you can reconciliate with him. give him a chance.

this
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
You shouldn't need a ****ing bribe to go see your dad. I found out how important a father-son relationship is yesterday when my dad told me he's been diagnosed with Leukemia. Just go see your dad, and don't rob your mum in the process.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
You shouldn't need a ****ing bribe to go see your dad. I found out how important a father-son relationship is yesterday when my dad told me he's been diagnosed with Leukemia. Just go see your dad, and don't rob your mum in the process.

ya my dad just got diagnosed with cancer too and thats why my mom wants me to go see him
Quote by Can't Stop
ya my dad just got diagnosed with cancer too and thats why my mom wants me to go see him
Do it then, and do not take the money.
dude, that's 800 bucks. I'd do it, it can't be THAT bad.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by Can't Stop

And you need a ****ing bribe to go and see him when he's just been diagnosed with cancer!? Unbelievable.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
You're having to be bribed $800 to see your father who has cancer?

You make me f*cking sick. That man helped to conceive you, you're his flesh and blood, and you want some little grudge to get in the way of something as special as a father-son relationship? Wake up, smell the f*cking coffee sunshine. And grow the hell up. Go see him for free. Or, better in fact, take the money, and take him out to dinner, a film, a game, buy him a present. Spend some time with the man. He obviously wants to make things better.

Jesus Christ on stilts, is this what the world is coming to?
Quote by andyd93

And you need a ****ing bribe to go and see him when he's just been diagnosed with cancer!? Unbelievable.

At face value, yes. But let's not judge without all the details. Hopefully things work out for both you guys
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
"I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love", Oh Sorry I Was Listening To The Beatles.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
dude dont be an ass he ur ****ing dad just go hopefully get to know him better and ifyou still hate him on the last day backhand him
Quote by Green_Jelly

Quote by gnomieowns
damn. can't you get your girlfrie...
nevermind.
Right now you're offending at least 75% of the Pit.

jackson warrior on the way in $400
i was disappointed when i read this topic TS

but on topic i'd say get a job but don't tell her and take the money. once you have the money tell her you got a job so you can't go see your dad. then get stoned.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by Bendybaws
At face value, yes. But let's not judge without all the details. Hopefully things work out for both you guys

I think he's given us enough bloody details for us to judge him, he's an insensetive bastard who doesn't give a **** about family matters, or has clearly never heard the saying 'Forgive and forget'.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
The real question is "Does your dad want to see you?" I'm sure it's a yes.

And, whether you take the money or not cut him some slack you selfish punk. He has cancer and you're debating whether you should see him or not?! Who cares if you hate him. If you don't talk to him and he dies you know that you'll end up regretting it for the rest of your life. Make him happy, go see him. Maybe you'll grow up a little.
my dad died of cancer just before new years. im 14. it blows.

stop being a douche bag and go see him now before the sh*t seriously hits the fan.
Quote by andyd93
I think he's given us enough bloody details for us to judge him, he's an insensetive bastard who doesn't give a **** about family matters, or has clearly never heard the saying 'Forgive and forget'.

no man my dad is an insensitive bastard. he was the biggest douche in the world and the last time i saw him was 3 years ago so i was thinking about going to see him and my mom said she would give me $800 to go. and btw i told her i didnt want the money but she said she wants to get me a guitar anyways so i was like whatever.
Quote by Can't Stop
no man my dad is an insensitive bastard. he was the biggest douche in the world and the last time i saw him was 3 years ago so i was thinking about going to see him and my mom said she would give me $800 to go. and btw i told her i didnt want the money but she said she wants to get me a guitar anyways so i was like whatever.

Oh i see.

You wrote it so it looked as though you were being forced by money.
Quote by andyd93

You're a cocksucker, you have no idea about his situation or the reasons why he shows a dislike to his father, don't be retarded and pass judgement like that.

To TS, basically, do what you feel is right, don't let anyone sway your decision.

Personally, I'd go see him, whether I'd take the money or not is not really a decision I could make without being in the situation.

Edit: Sorry Andy (if that is actually your name) I just re-read your post, and others after it, I can see where you're coming from, when I was 10, I got home from a friends birthday party, it was around 11pm and my Dad was asleep on the sofa, so I figured it's best not to wake him, so I put on the TV for little while, about 10 minutes after I put on the TV, my Dad starts having a fit, foaming at the mouth etc. me, my little brother and my older sister could only sit there and watch as our father, my hero died. Although we had no bad blood between us, I'd give anything to just spend another moment with him.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Last edited by Kiffa at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by Slinov
Oh i see.

You wrote it so it looked as though you were being forced by money.

o sorry about that. well i just wanted to see what you guys would do so thanks for the input. i think ill probably go see him. btw he lives in texas and im in florida so its not like i can just drive right over to his house.
Quote by Kiffa
You're a cocksucker, you have no idea about his situation or the reasons why he shows a dislike to his father, don't be retarded and pass judgement like that.

To TS, basically, do what you feel is right, don't let anyone sway your decision.

Personally, I'd go see him, whether I'd take the money or not is not really a decision I could make without being in the situation.

Exactly, I'm not gonna slay the guy cause I don't know **** about his relationship with his dad.

But in my opinion you should visit your old man
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Kiffa

Pass judgement!? The man has ****ing cancer, and possibly one of his last wishes is to see his son again after three years. I don't think that's really too much to ask no matter what's happened in the past, and it certainly doesn't require an $800 bribe.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
Pass judgement!? The man has ****ing cancer, and possibly one of his last wishes is to see his son again after three years. I don't think that's really too much to ask no matter what's happened in the past, and it certainly doesn't require an $800 bribe.

Yeh, sorry, all is explained in my edit..Up there^^
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Sorry to hear about your dad too mate. You know how TS should feel, because you've had the full whammy, you know what it's like. I'm lucky with the fact that I know my Dad is okay with his Leukemia, it can be treated over time, but regardless, as soon as he said he had it, I was upset. TS is seriously heartless if he doesn't go see his Dad in the state he is in, no matter how long the journey. Sure, let his mum pay for the travel or gas etc, but taking $800 for nothing is just pathetic.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Last edited by andyd93 at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by Kiffa
Yeh, sorry, all is explained in my edit..Up there^^

I can't think of a worse situation, but I think the point still stands: you can't judge someone without all the details. I've lost a few friends myself and I know from experience if you don't say goodbye it catches up with you. TS: make the effort!

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨