Page 1 of 2
Coffins are a Japanese Death/Doom trio playing old school death/doom in the vein of Winter, Hellhammer, Autopsy, Cianide, dISEMBOWELMENT, Goatlord and everything that reeks of evil, raw, old school heaviness. The band is on their 3rd lp now and have done a numerous amount of splits in the past.These guys are prime examples of the growing death metal scene in Japan. Rejecting the shallow glam rock based metal that Japan has become known for. Bands like Coffins are pushing the envelope in a surge of vile, neanderthal paced Death Metal that echoes through the ages with their mammoth sound.

Into The Coffin
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Last edited by Riffmast at Jun 27, 2008,
Yes that song is immense.That signature mid pace groove that Coffins get into every now and again could possibly be my favorite thing in all of music. Uchino's vocals are also absolutely unrivaled,perfect low grunts for music of this sort.
Quote by Steve08

Yes their defiantly ahead of the game, though bands like Gallhammer,King Goblin,Anatomia and Funeral Moth are also worth a mention when talking about the insane metal coming out of that country.I have no doubt that the scene their is gonna be huge their for this kind of raw music. with such good bands to inspire future generations. The Coffins cover of Warhead by Venom is absolutely incredible as well i will note.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by strigoi_vii
Mortuary In Darkness is sick

Mortuary in Darkness is good, but the album they released after Mortuary is even better.
CAN YOU FEEL THE GROOVE?
The Other Side Of Blasphemy is absolutely crushing. My friend has it on vinyl and boy does it sound incredible. Vinyl>Cd/mp3 by far, so much fuller sounding.
Quote by Steve08

I think it varies from album to album whether they sound fuller on vinyl or not, but I think all vinyls sound warmer than than their counterparts on cassette or CD.

That said, I'm not a vinyl *****. I think its cool, but CD is my medium or choice. Although I do have a fairly large tape collection that, I've accumulated recently for my car.
CAN YOU FEEL THE GROOVE?
I feel with the amount of downloading that i do that i might as well be spending my money on vinyls instead of cd's .I'm mainly just buying cd's for the album art/liner notes/band support anyways. Might as well get something with bigger artwork that sounds better to me. Any music listening outside of my own home will be mp3's on my Ipod. This being said, i don't own any vinyls yet and have a decently large cd collection

Listening to Buried Death all the way through today i have noticed that the hardcore and d-beat influence on this album is much more prominent. But it is still equally crushing as the former albums with lots of slow doom sections for the doomsters. In fact this may be the best Coffins release yet.They have really expanded their sound and seem to be full of fresh ideas, while staying true to what made them so great in the first place. Fuck i love this band so much.
Quote by Steve08

Just bumping this thread to say that I'm now the owner of Buried Death and The Other Side of Blasphemy on vinyl. Probably just my imagination, but they sound more crushing than the cd versions.

So...uh yeah...listen to more Coffins people!!!

Edit: According to Metal Archives they released a new ep this year, I wonder when we can expect a new fullength.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Jan 23, 2009,
New track on the myspace is ****ing great.They need to get a new album recorded soon!
Quote by Steve08

Kudos to you for bumping.

Everyone check out their split with The Arm and Sword of a Bastard God.
It's one of the best releases this year.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by XDethxsplosionX
i havne't herad them but i don't think i'd like them if i did. not really my thing, i think.

Thanks for sharing. Don't care.

Great band, thanks for bumping indeed, lest I had forgotten about these guys.
Philosophy > Life
About to pick up The Other Side of Blasphemy from the record store pretty soon. Great band.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Urgh, this is awesome, so ****ing sludgy....
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by Cianyx
Kudos to you for bumping.

Everyone check out their split with The Arm and Sword of a Bastard God.
It's one of the best releases this year.

Yeah that release is one of the best things I've ever heard.The TAASOABG side is even more crushing then the Coffins side strangely enough, it's ridiculous.
Quote by Steve08

I have their XXX Maniak split. They're damn good.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Giagantobump!

Just listened to this band for the first time today, really amazing stuff.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
You will die when you see them live,the sound is MASSIVE.Probably the rowdiest crowd I've ever been involved in when i saw them.You can't help but go nuts during the d-beats!.
Quote by Steve08

Can't wait but it may be too close to my final exams Hopefully I won't miss out on it as Ignivomuous, The Day Everything Became Nothing, Cauldron Black Ram and GoTH are supporting
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
CBR too I think. Seen/played with Ignivomous so many times now I won't lose any sleep if I miss them, but always good to see Gospel. Despite being good mates with the guys I think I've only ever actually seen them play twice..haha. About as many come back shows as John Farnham.
Shadilay.
Yeah i was sure they had broke up a year or so ago until i noticed they were playing a gig in Ireland or something like that.
I knew they were playing in Germany this year because one of the Gospel blokes lives just around the corner and I'm around there a bit, but the biggest shock was when my band got a request to support them at a gig back here in Aus in another state. It was a warm up show before going overseas... then they get added to Coffins support!! It's ok though, everyone bags them openly about it haha
Shadilay.
Roll call for Saturday's Melbourne show.

Looking forward to CBR Skullduggery. Probably will end up at the Elephant and Wheelbarrow for pints and chips during the middle of the bill/shit/filler bands.
Shadilay.
Quote by Deplorable
I hate you...

you ask for too much, man
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by Deplorable
Going to the Sydney show, but not Melbourne.

Poor bloke. Sydney has a terrible line up. Supports are the reason I'm attending. My interest in Coffins is a negative value.
Shadilay.
I unfortunately can't make it to the Melb show. Hulk smash
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by morbid_death
Poor bloke. Sydney has a terrible line up. Supports are the reason I'm attending. My interest in Coffins is a negative value.

I really wanna see GOTH, but Coffins are a pretty swell band, so I'm sure it'll still be a fine night.

Also, haven't been to a gig in way too long.
Besides the gigs I've played the last gig I was at this year was destroyer 666, vomitor and nocturnal graves back in jan. That was great. This saturday night is going to be obliteration. A couple Defamer mates from up north are coming down and crashing at mine now. I think it's going to be long weekend.
Shadilay.
Ahhh, Sounds killer man, was unfortunately underage back then for D666, so I hope they tour again sometime.

I hope my friend is still coming, don't want to be alone.
Page 1 of 2