In my continued quest to buy a new, surf, amp, is the Super Reverb amp surfy?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It's damn near the best you can get for surf, next to a Twin Reverb or a Twin amp.
Would it be better than the Deluxe Reverb?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I'm asking because there are a lot of Super Reverbs on Ebay.
Quote by chip46
Well, it has more headroom, so if you want cleans, yeah. Its a bit more than the Twin Reverb and a bit less than the Twin Amp.

IMO, it's one of the best amps, period.
Yeah it'd be better than deluxe reverb. Because SR's have a higher clean headroom and just a more clean tone. Better for surf, IMO.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Does it have spring reverb?
Quote by chip46
And what do you guys know about the Fender Vibroverb.
Quote by chip46
^Yes

EDIT: All I know about a Vibroverb is that Stevie Ray Vaughan used to use them.
Damn... it seems like a Mesa is the be all end all of amplification excellence, judging from what I've read about them.
Ok and the Vibroverb has spring reverb, too?
Quote by chip46
I believe that if it is a product made by fender and has the name "Reverb" or "Verb" in it, it has spring reverb.
Thanks Gooley, and everyone else.
Quote by chip46
I wouldn't go for a vibroverb for surf. It just doesn't sound right. The signature surf tone is best attained by using a Twin or Super reverb.
The Vibroverb would be more for SRV stuff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Anyone ever connected 2 reverb tanks to each other? it's fun!. I put my pink verb into my amp with a solid state driven reverb tank, and it was like playing guitar in Rosie O'Donnel's vagina.

Anyway, the twin is probably the best, just by virtue of being such an awesome amp. It has such delicious verb.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I think I'll but the Twin then, but the Super if I can't find a good deal on a Twin, thanks.
Quote by chip46
I need my amp to break up, does the Super have a bright switch?
Quote by chip46
^ Those are unrelated, just asking.
Quote by chip46