What's up everyone?

I've been practicing a lot lately in order to be able to play some COB songs. Since Alexi plays a lot of lead lines up passed the 12th fret I've been practicing running through scales and such up high on the neck.

My problem is my fingers keep getting in the way and it either keeps me from fretting properly or push other fingers out of the way.

I'm sure as long as I keep it slow and keep using a metronome it will sort itself out but are there any other tips I should keep in mind when playing up high?
dont mash down the frets, use your fingers to just "jump" around on the frets. that'll help with speed.
Economy of movement; there very small spaces and so therefore only require the slightest of pressure and bearing, especially if you have a very thin, fast neck. Don't mash down on the frets like ^ said. This takes slow, precise practise, but you say you are already in that process so your on your way there mate!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Economy of movement; there very small spaces and so therefore only require the slightest of pressure and bearing, especially if you have a very thin, fast neck. Don't mash down on the frets like ^ said. This takes slow, precise practise, but you say you are already in that process so your on your way there mate!

A neck isn't fast just because it's thin. A thin neck is usually just to cover up a crappy neck profile.

Other than that, this is excellent advice.

Upper frets are a little tricky, especially if you've got fatter fingers. You just gotta play on 'em, and your fingers will start to sort the mess out. Part of the trick is to figure out how to position your hands so that you have the most space possible between fingers, so that they don't rub each other.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by Freepower
Posture posture posture! (and practice, obvo) Perhaps lesson 5 in my sig will help.

No worries Freepower. Thank to your video I know to keep the neck elevated a bit so I don't strain my wrist making large stretches.
make sure your finger movements feel natural... this is all down to practice imo.. keep practicing a phrase slowly until you feel you've always done it, and only then speed it up... and don't fret the notes too hard... past the 12th fret, its much easier to fret notes (i think someone already mentioned this one)...
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
Quote by AngusX
A neck isn't fast just because it's thin. A thin neck is usually just to cover up a crappy neck profile.

Other than that, this is excellent advice.

Thats true, your on the ball there mate.
Posture posture posture! (and practice, obvo) Perhaps lesson 5 in my sig will help. [

Nice lesson btw (lesson 5)
This works for almost any situation....

Quote by PaulyVengeance
Punch it. Punch it until it goes away.