I've yet to realize why people ever need more than 14-15 frets, it just seems silly to me. Maybe it's just cause I don't play metal and hate shredding.
Quote by samick007
I've yet to realize why people ever need more than 14-15 frets, it just seems silly to me. Maybe it's just cause I don't play metal and hate shredding.

Yup that's it.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
because you can't handle the 36th frets!

they probably enable super-speed shredding though, so it's all good, if you like that kinda thing.
------

Shwiggity.
i'm pretty sure those are for pure aesthetics

1. most fingers wouldn't fit
2. it's improbably that you would get a very clear note
3. my pinky wouldn't even reach the frets for the top 3 strings
Most look retarded, but I like this one.

...on second thought, how the heck do ya post a pic?
Quote by MRavioli
i'm pretty sure those are for pure aesthetics

1. most fingers wouldn't fit
2. it's improbably that you would get a very clear note
3. my pinky wouldn't even reach the frets for the top 3 strings
Tapping.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Tapping.

how? your fingers won't fit on the frets and multi-fingered tapping would be extremely hard to keep accurate
Hasn't Michael Angelo Batio used a guitar with something like 36 frets? I swear I saw him with one on youtube
Member of the "...Still waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club.

Founder of the "ZAKK Wylde" club

pm me to join
Quote by DIMEinOURheart
Hasn't Michael Angelo Batio used a guitar with something like 36 frets? I swear I saw him with one on youtube

I think it's 32 frets.
Quote by samick007

Because we all know guitar necks with more than 15 frets didn't exist before Metal.

Why people need more than 14-15 frets? Oh I don't know, perhaps to cover a wider range and give their playing a little more diversity?
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
Quote by samick007

/facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm

EDIT: Cathedral, did you get your sig from the Sydney Guitar Show?
Quote by XianXiuHong
EDIT: Cathedral, did you get your sig from the Sydney Guitar Show?

Kinda. I got it from a shop on Denmark Street, London. They had a poster for the Sydney Guitar Show in there with that very saying on it. Made me chuckle.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
I have a 24 fret guitar just so I can say yea it has 24 frets but it does feel good to do 2 full bends step bends on the 24th fret on the e string while using whammy bar and whammy pedal but usually its just retarded for that many frets
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by MRavioli
how? your fingers won't fit on the frets and multi-fingered tapping would be extremely hard to keep accurate
They're small, they're not impossible to hit, and practice.
Quote by deftonesordie
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hb5QaCfm7bg

master the art of playing fast: add about a half-second delay and pick really fast with lotsa gain.

"i'm gonna give you the keys to the Lamborghini."

I don't know how that pertains to this thread, but it's a cool video. It's amazing how little his picking hand moves when he does his speed picking.
i have played one, and a bunch of other microtonal type guitars.. one's scale was based on pi. you know 3.14129... it was wicked. xD
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
Quote by cblowrun
i have played one, and a bunch of other microtonal type guitars.. one's scale was based on pi. you know 3.14129... it was wicked. xD

thats interesting! I always wondered what a decimal set-up would give in terms of chord tonality
Quote by samick007

It might be that you've bought into the ignorant fools who do nothing but call any octaves above the 12 fret is pretentious. The type of people who are oblivious to the uses of high octaves used in Jazz, Classical, Latin, Fusion, Progressive, and even Classic Rock (oh my)! I pity any musically inept imbecile who believes that high frets are for shredding only.

Nub.
Doesn't Uli Jon Roth's Sky Guitar have 30+ frets?
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
I love super high pitched notes. So I should get a whammy pedal.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.