ok, this is a piece in or close to the style of the band Death, to where when i sing them, you can actually tell what i mean, nothing like the Cannibal Corpse stuff

The ancient ones had predicted this day would come.
Your god is not the only one.
Doubt your beliefs and question
all that you know.
There is nowhere else to go.
LIES!!!

(interlude, then solo; solo is in D Phyrgian mode of the major scale played beginning at the 12th fret in 1-step down tuning)

Now you have put the pieces together
The prophecies made whole.
The ancient ones returning will deify your soul.

There is no other way.
But to follow the ancient ways.
Bury them deep into your heart.
Religion is but human ART!!!

(outro solo, lots of whammy bar action; then fades into acoustic shred)

EDIT: solo also crosses over into harmonic minor and for about 12 seconds, the hirojoshi
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Pretty nice! I can actually very well imagine that with Deathmetal Vocals and Machine-gun guitars ^^
the vocals i had in mind are real close in style to Death's "Lack of Comprehension" or "Crystal Mountain"

http://www.last.fm/music/Death/_/Lack+of+Comprehension
http://www.last.fm/music/Death

EDIT: added links
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Last edited by Colton165 at Jun 27, 2008,
Cool, a bit short but I guess the solos would fill the song up.

Crit my death metal song (it's in my sig)
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Cool, a bit short but I guess the solos would fill the song up.

Crit my death metal song (it's in my sig)

I know what you are doing.

You crits/read his at 10:37 and mines at 10:39?
Quote by herman ri2
I know what you are doing.

You crits/read his at 10:37 and mines at 10:39?

Dude look this place is not only for writing long ass crits, you can also simply point out if you like it or not, his song is short so I read it real quick than went to yours. Stop making a big deal out of this, you don't need to send me a pm telling me I'm an asshole.
herman just by the lyrics id give yours a shadows fall type sound
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Dude look this place is not only for writing long ass crits, you can also simply point out if you like it or not, his song is short so I read it real quick than went to yours. Stop making a big deal out of this, you don't need to send me a pm telling me I'm an asshole.

WTH?
Excellent stuff. You make some really great points. The song strikes me as being very pagan in it's message, talking about the return of the pagan religions. I personally can't see any rhythmic structure though. Still, great lyrics.
its a combination of the returning of pagan religion and the sumerian prophecy of nibiru, supposedly planet x, coming to turn the tides on earth ever 3200 year. it will supossedly happen again in 2012.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad