I'm thinking about buying one. Which is better. The Boss BD-2 Blues driver or the Digitech Screaming Blues? Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated.
I like my Boss OD-3 for blues. The blues driver was too saturated. You'll get really good tones out of the OD-3, promise!!
_______
|||||||||||||||
Definately play before you buy, but as a general rule, Digitech pedals sound very digital, and Boss, to me at least, is the base line for sturdy, analog (most of the time) pedals. So Boss in general, but do try em out.
I got you man. I was just looking for some cool things to experiment with. But before I go spending money I just wanted to get an idea where the best buy would be. Oh and also I do have a Boss OS-2 laying around somewhere. That any good for blues?
What amp are you using? You might be able to get a nice blues tone from the natural overdrive of your amp. But either way, it'd be nice to know.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Oh, nevermind, I just checked the profile...you have an MG...gonna need a pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah that's what i was about to say. I'm not a big fan of the mg. it's alright though. it does what i need it to do.
Quote by qotsa1998
Definately play before you buy, but as a general rule, Digitech pedals sound very digital, and Boss, to me at least, is the base line for sturdy, analog (most of the time) pedals. So Boss in general, but do try em out.

Except for the fact the the Screamin Blues is an analogue overdrive pedal.

The BD-2 has more gain, so you can get more dirt out of it. The SB has more tonal control, so you can tweak it more. They have similar tone, but the SB is more customizable.

Get a new amp before you get either pedal.
I think you'd be much more satisfied by buying an Epiphone Valve junior.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Oh, and as for the amp situation...

I know you didn't ask, so please don't take offense or anything.

But if you're into blues playing, and other clean-to-light distortion styles of playing, maybe try out a Fender Pro Junior or a Blues Junior. If you're looking for a big upgrade, try a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

I know you didn't ask, but i absolutely LOVE what you can get out of a relatively cheap Fender tube combo and a good overdrive pedal.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by dannyisokay
Oh, and as for the amp situation...

I know you didn't ask, so please don't take offense or anything.

But if you're into blues playing, and other clean-to-light distortion styles of playing, maybe try out a Fender Pro Junior or a Blues Junior. If you're looking for a big upgrade, try a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

I know you didn't ask, but i absolutely LOVE what you can get out of a relatively cheap Fender tube combo and a good overdrive pedal.

+1 except change the HRDeluxe to a Blues Deluxe

There are so many good blues amps for under 400 bucks if you look around.
Quote by I am the Drake
no worries man. I've actually been looking into Fender amps for quite some time now

Blues Deluxe + Screamin Blues= win.
Yeah, I second the Digitech Screamin Blues, but I loved it before I sold it.
Thumpy low end and it's very versatile. Definitely one of the better overdrives i've played.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by I am the Drake
how's the Fender frontman series?

Almost as bad as the MG series.
I have the SB and its a very versitile OD. I definatly suggest this over the boss
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Keeley BD-2 FTW
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by lbj273
I have the SB and its a very versitile OD. I definatly suggest this over the boss

+1, me too.
You have to sit down with a few pedals and try one, then plug in the other one, try that, then plug in the first one, try it again, and so on. It will be obvious at that point if you're playing what you will buy. Try the OD-3 for sure, in addition to the Screaming Blues and a few others. I can't really speak for many pedals, but I will say the Turbo Tube Screamer sounded like junk and I really, really like the Boss OD-3 for blues (and everything else I play on it).

And get a tube Fender, not a frontman. Seriously, even the Pro Jr. which is $300something at this point will be drastically better than almost all solid-state trash.

In my opinion, of course...
_______
|||||||||||||||
Epiphone valve junior half stack.
Buy some better tubes soon as you get it.
Break in the tubes and speaker.
Crank it.
You don't need any stinkin' pedals.
But I also ran a danelectro blues pedalboard through one.
Lots of fun for a $150 board.
I'd recommend it, but do a true bypass mod on each of the pedals, as each has it's own little tone sucking ways.

You'll have everything you need, unless you've got a sucky guitar.

EDIT:
Les paul studio.
Yeah, you can do blues on that.
If you want a better bite, I'd suggest a GFS mean 90 for the bridge.
490Rs are fine for blues.

But the gibby is just fine stock, too.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Last edited by Iansmitchell at Jun 28, 2008,
Hmm...you guys mke me want to pull out er and the SB sleepin in my drawer and try it up against the bd-2 on my board...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Thats a good idea, settle this debate for us.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Yeah, please do a comparison!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator