That's all I'm going to spend, unless something is just too amazing for $100 more. Ok, so right now I have an Ibanez RG350DX guitar and a Crate GT212. The guitar is great, stays in tune, and I don't need a new one. The amp is alright, but it was only $200 so its not great. I am planning on buying a Vader 2x12 for $400, and a Bugera 333xl for $600. Any reasons why I shouldn't? Can I get anything better? I play metal/death metal/punk. I don't really need 120 watts of tube.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
For a grand, you can do a hell of a lot better than a Bugera. Hell, I'd save that extra $100 and get yourself a used Mesa Mark IV combo. It will do all of those without any pedals, and has a half power switch.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Oh...but it doesn't look as cool...XD

I'll definitely look into it. I had been looking for those but I haven't seen them go that low.

Also, I can't buy used locally because I live in rural Minnesota.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
anyone else...

I also mostly play drop c and d.
don't bump after 5 mins, take a look at a peavey 5150 or 6505, if you don't worry to much about your cleans
Ok, I went on eBay, and I see an Mesa F-50 head for $700. Is that good?
For crap cleans and amazing overdrive, Peavey 5150/6505. I'm not really an expert on metal amps, so that's all I can reccomend.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^You can go wrong. I say 5150 over Bugera.

i know its a copy but it isnt like its a cheap immitation.
have you even played one?
I own quite a few high gain tube amps. I play my bugera 333xl more than any of them. I didn't like the 6262 when I tried it. I thought the 6505 sounded better. The 6262 just kinda sounded cheap or something. the 333xl has tight tone... killer bottom end... tons of gain. Damn good clean channel
Quote by Moose45
Ok, I went on eBay, and I see an Mesa F-50 head for $700. Is that good?

Hell yeah, the Mesa F series is very good. You might want an OD pedal to adjust your high gain sound a tad but thats a pretty good deal.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by solidsnake15
I own quite a few high gain tube amps. I play my bugera 333xl more than any of them. I didn't like the 6262 when I tried it. I thought the 6505 sounded better. The 6262 just kinda sounded cheap or something. the 333xl has tight tone... killer bottom end... tons of gain. Damn good clean channel

yup you just said it all brother.
clean channel is a surprise for such an amp thats is built specificlly for gain.
Krank rev jr.

Mic it if you need louder.
But seriously, you won't.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by EuroGuitarist
For crap cleans and amazing overdrive, Peavey 5150/6505. I'm not really an expert on metal amps, so that's all I can reccomend.

They don't have crap cleans really if you know how to eq an amp.
Granted they certainly aren't amazing, but they aren't crap.

Where is Timi with his bandwagon picture when you need him?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I see Single/Dual Rectifiers and Marks going for around a grand regularly.
Quote by rwalby9
Hell yeah, the Mesa F series is very good. You might want an OD pedal to adjust your high gain sound a tad but thats a pretty good deal.

+1
I have an F30, and it's great. The F50 is a really good amp, (although I've only had a short play)
Can't go wrong with one, although as rwalby9 said you might want an OD to tighten it up
but I'd definitely recommend mesa as a brand to look into
So do you guys think I should pair a head with the vader, or just get a combo amp.
bump
either ebay a 5150 or a 6505+, seriosuly, then save up for a good cab, but not vader with a 6505 it would be WAYY to muddy.
well the 333xl is modeled after the peavey XXX or JSX, so that might be a good starting point. XXX heads on Ebay seem to be going for 5-6 hundred bucks.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by convictionless
either ebay a 5150 or a 6505+, seriosuly, then save up for a good cab, but not vader with a 6505 it would be WAYY to muddy.

LOL muddy is not a word that comes to mind when I hear the words 'Vader cabs'. imo
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by convictionless

Muddy?
I beg to differ, those cabs have the tightest bottom end i have ever heard.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Moose45
So do you guys think I should pair a head with the vader, or just get a combo amp.

If you could afford it, an F series head and a Vader 2x12 would sound pretty good.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
OK, so I have selected these:
F-50 (or any F) Head Used
Bugera 333XL Head NEW
Peavey XXX Head Used

I'd really like to get a new head, and I'm not sure I'm at the playing level to where I should be buying a $1200 head. So I am looking into those^.
i love my F-50 combo. just a great all around amp. try one out if you can. if you cant though, try the express series, its the replacement for the F series, though i like the F series better.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
One you need to add to that list is the Peavey JSX used. If it was xxx versus JSX i'd say the jsx blows it away. The jsx is a fine amp. the bugera 333xl is modeled after the jsx. So if you want to go cheaper and have similar tone thats what i'd go for.
Ok I'll look into those too. I watched a couple Peavey XXX youtube videos and it was great, but some were terrible.