Well, Pit, it has been some time since my dog passed away and my family and I are ready for a new one, not to replace him, but to honor him in a sence. We contacted a pet adoption agency that brings pets from all over the country to where you live so you can adopt them. We are adopting a female Lab/Shepard Mix named Shadow, and we should be able to take her home Sunday. I was curious, has anyone here adopted a pet, and if so, what behavior should I expect the first few days?
Quote by Broadsword
I posted this in the last one, but yeah, some old dude in a McDonalds in Alabama called me an aardvark.

They could be a little mistrustful or timid because of the new enviroment, but if you show her love, she'll know you guys are good and will trust you.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Don't expect anything bad. Nothing bad has to even happen.

I wish you the best of luck with Shadow, and respect greatly your attitude towards adoption.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Congrats on adopting. I've currently got a rescued Bullmastiff/Pit Bull mix named Boo Boo who the breeder tried to make a fighting dog in the past, yet is the most loving dog I've ever known.

You'll find it a very rewarding experience.