I play surf, blues and rock. I'm in this for a great surf and blues tone, though, because I have a distortion pedal. Which should I buy?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The only reason I'm considering the Super is because it breaks up earlier. My neighbors aren't bad, could I manage a Twin breaking up, in my garage?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Well actually My Step Father owns a Twin Reverb and it doesn't break up that early.. its known for its cleans.. I would say for the Cleans and Reverb its Godly... I never played through a Super Reverb and never really looked into it.. but if it breaks up earlier I'd Say Go For it.. but Twin Reverb Breakup is probably pretty far down the Line.. want a Good Idea of it I'd say Stevie Ray.. he cranked his Twin Reverb and (I Think) he used a Tubescreamer as well..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
I heard he used a Vibroverb.
Quote by chip46
I think I'll try a Twin, thanks, Surf is my favorite tone, and the Twin does that the best.
Quote by chip46
Quote by TheHentaiNazi
Well actually My Step Father owns a Twin Reverb and it doesn't break up that early.. its known for its cleans.. I would say for the Cleans and Reverb its Godly... I never played through a Super Reverb and never really looked into it.. but if it breaks up earlier I'd Say Go For it.. but Twin Reverb Breakup is probably pretty far down the Line.. want a Good Idea of it I'd say Stevie Ray.. he cranked his Twin Reverb and (I Think) he used a Tubescreamer as well..

Yeah...
Stevie used a Vibroverb...

The Twin is 85 watts. That's 85 watts of clean headroom. You will not get powertube breakup without making your ears bleed.

Play them both, though. They both sound great.
well ****.. I just assumed as big as a fan my stepfather was of Stevies Stuff he got the Twin Reverb because of it.. well than he again He DOES own a VibroVerb.. **** he has too much haha..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
I have the Twin. It's amazing. It'll fit your style perfectly. But it WON'T break up easily. If you have a nice OD it'll be well enough. My Twin+BD-2+Micro Amp=sex.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Gooley: There's no where for me to play a Super, because I'm buying it off Ebay, and Guitar Center only has Twins and Deluxes.
Quote by chip46
I have a Vintage Twin at my place. I heart it, but don't count on it breaking up before you go deaf.