I just bought Hvis Lyset Tar Oss on Back on Black records for 29.00 shipped with insurance. Good deal? Or was it a ****ty deal?

I bought it knowing that it would probably be removed from eBay in due time.

Yes, I know it's a little overrated, but it was an impulse buy, and I'm wanting to complete a Burzum collection soon.

Edit: Now the Burzum Thread
Last edited by metal Lover at Jun 28, 2008,
I bought it for the same price in store, so whatev. I like it, a lot. Sometimes I wish Varg wasn't such a jackass.
It's, in my opinion, the best Burzum album.

1. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
2. Burzum
3. Filosofem
4. Det Som Engang Var
5. Hlidskjalf
6. Daudi Baldrs
Overrated? It's Definitely Burzum's best and is one of the best black metal albums ever. In my top ten favorites of all time.
Quote by Psychopathology
Overrated? It's Definitely Burzum's best and is one of the best black metal albums ever. In my top ten favorites of all time.

you may be right...

Quote by Dagalur
Doesn't matter to me, I think it's the greatest metal album ever made. xD

Maybe it is a little overrated.
Quote by metal Lover
It's, in my opinion, the best Burzum album.

1. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
2. Burzum
3. Filosofem
4. Det Som Engang Var
5. Hlidskjalf
6. Daudi Baldrs

Filosofem is about on the same level as Hvis, and a lot better than the s/t. I strongly prefer Det som engag var over the s/t as well. IMHO.
Quote by Dagalur
Filosofem is about on the same level as Hvis, and a lot better than the s/t. I strongly prefer Det som engag var over the s/t as well. IMHO.

I prefer the atmosphere on Filosofem and Det Som, but Burzum had outstanding riffs and songwriting. Especially Spell of Destruction, Ea, Lord of the Depths, The Crying Orc, and Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit.

I'd kill for the Deathlike Silence pressing.
Quote by Dagalur

I agree, but I do think that Hvis more than about better than Filosofem.