Poll: Sight or sound?
Poll Options
View poll results: Sight or sound?
Sight
30 53%
Sound
27 47%
Voters: 57.
Say for some reason you end up having to chose between being able to see, or being able to hear.. which would you chose?

I realise that this is probably going to be biased towards being able to hear on a guitar forum, but meh, let's see.
Sound, because life would suck without music.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Been done before.

Anyway, i really dont know. I listen to music to keep me sane, but that could be just because theres some music out there that could make me insane, so i listen to the good stuff. On the other hand theres lots of things i like to look at, and lots of things i really dont like to look at.

If i was to pick sound, so i can play guitar it would be kinda ****. I mean what if i wanted to leanr something and i couldnt figure it out by ear? Its not like i ccan just read the tab or anything.
Sight. Living in a world I couldn't see would be infinitely more terrifying than living in a world I couldn't hear. As far as I'm concerned, being deaf would make the world a more tolerable place.
Hearing is eventually fixable IMO, although im no scientist and I think it depends on how you lost it.
Could always get a hearing-aid?
Just because you cant hear doesnt mean you can play guitar. Id rather be able to see than be blind.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by madbasslover
Sight. Living in a world I couldn't see would be infinitely more terrifying than living in a world I couldn't hear. As far as I'm concerned, being deaf would make the world a more tolerable place.
I agree.

I have a feeling this thread will be filled with posts like: "Nah dude, I couldn't live without music. It's my air, heart and soul. I'd go insane without it. It truly is, from the bottom of my heart, my life."

*Vomits*
Quote by The Madcap
I agree.

I have a feeling this thread will be filled with posts like: "Nah dude, I couldn't live without music. It's my air, heart and soul. I'd go insane without it. It truly is, from the bottom of my heart, my life."

*Vomits*

Yeah true
I love music, who here doesnt?
But id rather be able to see the ones I love and do the things I do without being blind.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Sound.

That way I could smoke weed 24/7 and tell people I am trying to get my sight back.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Nah dude, I couldn't live without music. It's my air, heart and soul. I'd go insane without it. It truly is, from the bottom of my heart, my life.

<.<
>.>

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Sound

I can still touch my girlfriend, but without sound I wouldn't be able to hear her squirm.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by The Madcap
I agree.

*Vomits*

I also agree. I've already heard plenty of music, I'm sure I'll remember enough of it for my lifetime (I have the ability to listen to music in my head, note for note how the song sounds). Besides, I'm sure I could manage playing guitar without hearing myself.

Loss of sight would be much harder to deal with. It would be much harder to navigate. I'd never be able to see friends or family again. I'd never be able to marvel at beautiful women, landscapes, etc. I wouldn't be able to do most things I enjoy. Some things in life are much more important than music,
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Without hearing you can't socialize and you become paranoid, its a common problem among deaf people, my aunt and her husband are deaf, and it sucks...
And I would kill myself without music.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I also agree. I've already heard plenty of music, I'm sure I'll remember enough of it for my lifetime (I have the ability to listen to music in my head, note for note how the song sounds). Besides, I'm sure I could manage playing guitar without hearing myself.

Loss of sight would be much harder to deal with. It would be much harder to navigate. I'd never be able to see friends or family again. I'd never be able to marvel at beautiful women, landscapes, etc. I wouldn't be able to do most things I enjoy. Some things in life are much more important than music,

How does one play anything note worthy on any instrument without hearing themselves? More importantly the other musicians they're playing with.
As for seeing friends and family, are they really that beautiful? Cause when I think of friends and family I'd rather chat with them than stare at them.
Women, I can picture them going for the chatty charming blind guy, you still have your hands, not everything in the world is just eye candy.
Quote by SuperiorToYou
Sight.

Can learn to lip read.

Wasn't Beethoven deaf?

Not until later in life. And it's why he became an alcoholic and started to loose his mind.
Sight.

How can you live without eyes, it'd be horrible, plus music isn't all you people's lives
Quote by Shred Head
Sight.

How can you live without eyes, it'd be horrible, plus music isn't all you people's lives

You're failing to see the point, it's not just about music, it's about interacting with people, you learn to navigate without sight, but when you're intending to be a lawyer (or a musician), as I am, there's no room in court for a guy with no instant comebacks.