i didn't watch it, but i know whats comin, and its probably a case of daddy locking him in the basement with a 12 guage to the forehead.
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
That's not what a little kid should be doing. They should be outside playing catch with their friends. 9 times out of 10 a parent is living vicariously through the kid.

Plus he can't really appreciate music yet.

This is what creates Green Day fans.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Why is it always blues? I never see kids playing speed metal and shredding on a guitar shaped like an inverted cross, just nerdy, obnoxious kids with their Fenders (Or Dean in this case) wailing away like they have a damn thing to be blue about.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Last edited by NorfIrIon at Jun 28, 2008,
Does anyone find it weird that there's all these video of musical child prodigies, but a few years down the line you never hear of them again? Sure it may be great for a 5 year old, but compared to every guitar player they're nothing special when they get older.
Age really has very little to do with guitar skill once a kids past 8 or so. Little kids would get distracted easily I suppose, but whether your 8 or 18 learning a certain solo shouldn't be harder for one or the other.

If anything being forced to play at an early age can turn someone away from an instrument. Of course there's always exceptions.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by NorfIrIon
I never see kids playing speed metal and shredding on a guitar shaped like an inverted cross

And thank goodness, too.
I dunno. It didnt look like he was being forced to do it. He seems to just genuinely dig playing what he plays.
that kid kind of sounds like he has adhd or really passionate and giddy.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Age really has very little to do with guitar skill once a kids past 8 or so. Little kids would get distracted easily I suppose, but whether your 8 or 18 learning a certain solo shouldn't be harder for one or the other.

If anything being forced to play at an early age can turn someone away from an instrument. Of course there's always exceptions.

I agree, I was forced to learn cello when I was in 3rd grade. I hated it I quit in 6th. Then in 8th grade I bought a guitar and taught myself with my own practice schedule and I love it.

Quote by ZNA
Does anyone find it weird that there's all these video of musical child prodigies, but a few years down the line you never hear of them again? Sure it may be great for a 5 year old, but compared to every guitar player they're nothing special when they get older.

We probably will never hear of this kid again, or at least after a couple months.
that eight year old drummer kid
i dont have the link
but i wish i did
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
I dont really care like none of these kids are self taught and hes 8 why is he playing blues? he doesn't have anything to be sad about and prolly gets beat by his parents to play
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by Gibson06
That's not what a little kid should be doing. They should be outside playing catch with their friends. 9 times out of 10 a parent is living vicariously through the kid.

I disagree with the first half of that statement. Kids are supposed to have fun. And while many kids have fun playing catch, this guy gets his kicks from playing guitar so I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

The second half is spot on though lol
Quote by Gibson06

haha

I don't think it's right for him to be practicing as much as he is. But, he says he enjoys it, so, whatever keeps him happy.