I was considering buying a Big Muff Pi USA, but I was just wondering would it work (sound good) with my current set-up:
Fender Deluxe Strat w/ noiseless p-ups going through a Vox AD50VT and AC30?

I'm tempted to buy this, but I don't really know.
Anything more recommendable that's sub $100?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Well, if you like the tone, it will sound awesome with that setup. IMO, it sounds better with buckers, but you have a Les Paul, so you should be set. (It sounds good with Jazz Masters and tele's too, and you can get some decent sounds out of a strat... basically it works with everything...)

But anyway.

I have an AD50VT and have played it through an AC30. It sounds AWESOME through both.
The sound I wasn't TOO worried about, I just don't know what I would use it for, I can't seem to dial in a Hendrix-sounding fuzz, always soo gainy (tried it at the store in a rush).
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by djszkoda
The sound I wasn't TOO worried about, I just don't know what I would use it for, I can't seem to dial in a Hendrix-sounding fuzz, always soo gainy.

Well, it is the pedal to have for Garage Rock.

You can get a Hendrix esque tone with either everything at 12 o'clock and an overdriven amp, or an overdriven amp, 1/4 or less sustain, 1/2-2/3 tone, and 1/2 or less volume. That's what I generally use for classic tones.

You can pull a nice Wolfmother tone out of it too.
Hey, if I can play some QOTSA, Hendrix and Wolfmother I'm taken.
Might as well buy it, if I don't like it I can just return it and get something different.

edit: I was leaning towards a more subtle/overdrive pedal, because I play a lot of Radiohead, Eric Johnson and Pearl Jam/Hendrix music, so I might not exactly be too thrilled for it.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Last edited by djszkoda at Jun 28, 2008,
Sorry for the double post - I'm buying it.
Is the Little Big Muff any better? Or should I stick with the re-issue?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

if you want EJ radiohead stuff like that look into my fuzz
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era