I'm sorry guys but I have another amp thread I'm starting all over. I've got my to work OK with the cleans still no reverb but usable for now

I'm gonna extend my budget to about 800 USD.

I"m definatly gonna go used so ya.

I need an amp with an AMAZING OD channel and OK cleans, I want brit voicing if possible so NO 6L6s.

I play Classic rock and a VERY small amount of metal (it's more hair metal than anything I ocassioanly mess around with Skillety sound)

I"m looking at the Traynor YCV50.
an AC30 (don't think I'm gonna get this though)
I don't know if I can get one for 800 used but the Budda superdrive 10
Peavey Windsor
Laney protube (i've heard it does a great Plexi sound)
Sovtek Mig60 (same as the protube)
Traynor YBA1 ( think thats what its called lol)

also what are these blackstar amps how do they sound?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jun 28, 2008,
Hmm... what happened to your Ceriatone budget?

Superdrives are incredible, but good luck finding one used in your budget.
Bad Cat mini cats (5 watt tube) should be able to be found in your price range, too.

Other than that, I would say it's a split between the Sovtek and Traynors.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Hmm... what happened to your Ceriatone budget?

Superdrives are incredible, but good luck finding one used in your budget.
Bad Cat mini cats (5 watt tube) should be able to be found in your price range, too.

Other than that, I would say it's a split between the Sovtek and Traynors.

part of it has went to Gas and stuff I drive 500 miles a week and with gas the way it is NOT FUN.

and about 500 was saved up and I will have the extra soon

are you sure about the Budda 18w? it's only 1100 new I don't see why I can try and strectch a 100 bucks and get one used
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
500 miles a week?
Maybe you should invest in a hybrid car , or a horse and buggy.

Anyways, if you can find a 18 watt superdrive, go for it.
And obviously, try before you buy.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
500 miles a week?
Maybe you should invest in a hybrid car , or a horse and buggy.

Anyways, if you can find a 18 watt superdrive, go for it.
And obviously, try before you buy.

horse and buggy....sounds good lol.

yup 500 miles cities and back twice a week so there is 400 and then to brainerd and back so there is 500.

but If I can find a superdrive I will. I played one once and LOVED it quite amazing.

I've never played any of the traynors But i want a plexi sound and I'm told that they get amazing plexi sounds
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The Blackstar amps are EPIC, but expensive, and I haven't seen any used, because they are fairly new, I believe.

You can probably snag a used AC30 for around there, and the AC30 head is only 900 bucks anyway.
Quote by imgooley
The Blackstar amps are EPIC, but expensive, and I haven't seen any used, because they are fairly new, I believe.

You can probably snag a used AC30 for around there, and the AC30 head is only 900 bucks anyway.

if I find one used I'll stretch my budget I've heard they're amazing.

I dunno if i'll get the AC-30 though. Not really my kind of amp it's a great amp but I dunno yet
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
bump
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
bump
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I dunno what else we can really help you with. Just scour your local stores for an amp that you like and you can afford.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I put my money on the Traynor or Laney, although the Pro tubes are more of a JCM800 copy cat.

I thought that to but heard they are great at plexi sounds

Quote by blabermouth5
have you touhgt of a used jcm800

I want a plexish sound not a JCM800 but I'll look into it

Quote by darkarbiter7
I dunno what else we can really help you with. Just scour your local stores for an amp that you like and you can afford.

thats what I'm gonna be doing BUT i only have one local store lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Bummer. I forgot that not everyone has 3 stores with a constant stock of used amps
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i feel that... gas prices suck dude. If it wasn't for gas I could have a lot more cool music stuff. I'd have a LOT more money. It takes up like half my check. By the time you pay 40 grand for a hybrid you aint saving no money either. Man I can get 4 krystals fries and a coke for the same price as ONE gallon of gas!
actually ive just figured out that if i quit buying gas for my truck i can afford a motorcycle payment. But then theres that whole people dying on motorcycles all the time. But I know people who go forever on one tank of gas in a motorcycle. Im considering it.
Quote by solidsnake15
actually ive just figured out that if i quit buying gas for my truck i can afford a motorcycle payment. But then theres that whole people dying on motorcycles all the time. But I know people who go forever on one tank of gas in a motorcycle. Im considering it.

do it you save so much gas It's amazing. and not many people actually die on them it's only when they're drunk or it's at night.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yeah..... the job i work i see it a lot though. I live in a small town and it still happens atleast once a month. Like last month we had a call and it was someone just driving right and a car hit them in the rear and they went flying. I think I will get one though. I just got to get the bank to get me a loan. I ain't going to get nothing to expensive. I want a crotch rocket... a black honda. But I don't want one of the real powerful ones because I don't plan on going extremly fast or anything. The smaller motors are good with me. I mean nothing to pussy though. lol
lol great idea though.

now back on topic do you think either of the Traynors would be good for me?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I really don't know anything about them. I'm looking into getting a traynor myself as it was recommended by some people on here.
the YCV50 is a great amp for rock and blues and stuff I just dunno yet though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Just go with your gut. Apparently the YCV50 is just a more British sounding Peavey Classic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Just go with your gut. Apparently the YCV50 is just a more British sounding Peavey Classic.

If I went with my gut I would have a Superlead 100 plexi from the 70s for 4000 bucks but I don't have that.

I think That the Budda would be great for me if I can find one used or Maybe I'll just stretch the extra 400 and get it new

I would really like that ceriatone but I don't think I'll get it its just to much for shipping and everything
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Well you dont have 4000 as stated so you cant really go with your gut on something you cant get.

They traynor would be your best bet, or even the budda if your willing to buy new. If you dont like it return it.

Quote by Bostonrocks
if I find one used I'll stretch my budget I've heard they're amazing.

Not a hope. They are expensive used, way way from budget.
They're not TOO expensive used.

There was a budda superdrive 45 and 30 at my local store, both roughly half off their new price. If he finds a 18 used, he should be able to get it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i played the budda at my guitar center and i didnt really dig it but its all personal preference
^Yup, you're right.
I thought the Budda beat out a Rocker 30 any day though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^Yup, you're right.
I thought the Budda beat out a Rocker 30 any day though.

seriously?

Well I will definatly look into the Budda's
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Not another Cow-lision? Oh, that was too easy. I couldn't find any Traynors within 3 states of you. Keep looking tho, there was some interesting things on the used site I frequent. Good luck.
^I called it a Demolition Dairy, beat that!
yeah, I thought the Budda was better than a rocker. The rocker seemed a TAD modern sounding to me. The Budda was nice and vintagey, but it could get a fair amount of OD juiced out of it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^I called it a Demolition Dairy, beat that! The Budda was nice and vintagey, but it could get a fair amount of OD juiced out of it.

"Utter Cowtastrophy"? "Guernsey Geartrasher Strikes aGain"? "Heffer Horror... the sequel", "The Bovine Strikes Back"? that's all I got.
I have not tried the Buddah, so I can't comment on that but you know I'm thinking AC30 or Traynor YCV50. Just be patient and grab the first one you can find used in good shape.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm thinkin' the Budda I'll just have to save up then I'll be close to on par with Wes's amp lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Yeah, but you'll need to get some NOS tubes for it too, which can get pricey.

I just got some RCA 6L6's in my CBB today. Sounds real nice. Very vintage sounding, alot like a tweed bassman.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, but you'll need to get some NOS tubes for it too, which can get pricey.

I just got some RCA 6L6's in my CBB today. Sounds real nice. Very vintage sounding, alot like a tweed bassman.

must I? is it really worth it?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
If you get the right NOS tubes, yeah, they can be worth it.
Tubedepot has a preowned 12AX7 deal going, check it out!
15 bucks for a preowned old USA 12AX7! Not sure how they'll sound in a british amp though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
hmm i wonder
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era