So my mum accidently nudged my schetcer hellraiser and it fell off its stand and hit the corner of my heater. I did not at all expect it to snap the headstock :S What should i do? Take it to repairs guy or speak to the store i bought it from to see if they have any sympathy for me?
take it to a repair guy n make ur mom pay for the repair
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome
Depending on how it's broken, you might be able to fix it yourself. I knew a guy who's strap broke and just enough of the headstock broke off to take the 1st string tuning peg off. He fixed it with super glue and it was good as new since the part of the string at acutally plays was unaffected
since ur moms paying for it make sure that the guy knos you want the whole fix up package, this is a common problem, happened to my les paul twice but for around $200 or so depending on whos doing it you can make it look brand new like nuthin ever happened
yeah dude she alrdy offered to buy me new one and better one n **** but i feel too slack, she alrdy feels bad enough as it is, so I'm hopefully going to see if i can jus get it repaired...

You reckon warranty will cover it ???? =/
have her buy u a better 1 n super glue it
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome
Quote by Blaster Bob
Depending on how it's broken, you might be able to fix it yourself. I knew a guy who's strap broke and just enough of the headstock broke off to take the 1st string tuning peg off. He fixed it with super glue and it was good as new since the part of the string at acutally plays was unaffected

Super glue is a pretty bad idea to use for wood. They make "wood glue" for a reason. Super glue is pretty brittle and if you're gluing something like wood, it can easily come apart again. Wood glue is a bit tacky, and bonds not only with the surface of the wood (like super glue would) but also penetrates for a bond stronger than wood itself. The tackiness of the glue also allows for a little bit of give so it isn't so brittle. If you wood glued a piece of wood back together and tried to break it again, it would break at a new point because the wood glue is so strong.

(I'm a furniture design major)
Quote by Ravenwoods
yeah dude she alrdy offered to buy me new one and better one n **** but i feel too slack, she alrdy feels bad enough as it is, so I'm hopefully going to see if i can jus get it repaired...

You reckon warranty will cover it ???? =/

How old is your guitar?

I got a warranty through Guitar Center + Schecter for like $30 when I bought my guitar and for four years they'll repair or replace anything that happens to the guitar, free of charge.
Quote by mrvile
Super glue is a pretty bad idea to use for wood. They make "wood glue" for a reason. Super glue is pretty brittle and if you're gluing something like wood, it can easily come apart again. Wood glue is a bit tacky, and bonds not only with the surface of the wood (like super glue would) but also penetrates for a bond stronger than wood itself. The tackiness of the glue also allows for a little bit of give so it isn't so brittle. If you wood glued a piece of wood back together and tried to break it again, it would break at a new point because the wood glue is so strong.

(I'm a furniture design major)

I love posts like this. Kudos to your knowledge mrvile.

maybe a good ole white lie..........dood i was shreddin and blam the headstock just broke off.
i`d send it to schecter or take it to gc or where ever you bought it and just see if they will honor the warrenty first, then let your mom repair it if they wont. also nice to know your not gonna like, mug your mom for alot of extra $$$. she prolly feels like s#it about it any way
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Gorilla Glue. Though you may want to get a professional to repair it, if you do it yourself, that stuff should work.
Quote by Unuca
Gorilla Glue. Though you may want to get a professional to repair it, if you do it yourself, that stuff should work.

Try TiteBond II instead.
Quote by mmjohn
maybe a good ole white lie..........dood i was shreddin and blam the headstock just broke off.

lol...thanks for cheering me up. It's costing 350AUD to repair and worst of all I'm not going to be seeing it for 3 weeks I just started my school holidays today as well after finishing all my assignments for year 12... anyways thanks for your advice guys.
headstock repair may cost more than the guitar..
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Man, for $350 it's seriously not worth it. Buy a new neck (if it's bolt-on).
Can you provide a picture? We're flying blind here.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

My advice would be:

1) Firstly try to get it on warranty if you can. Some places are really sound about this sort of thing and this really isn't an uncommon problem. They will either repair it, replace the neck or trade the guitar.

2) Take it to a luthier and get him to repair it.

3) New guitar. (and keep the broken one and repair it later)
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay