what type of computers are good?
are macs overated?
are pc ****?
lenux (sp)?
i'm looking in the area of like 1200 tops.. (canadian $)
thanks guys
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I have a macbook pro and I looooooooooooooove it!!!!

So...no..I don't think macs are overrated.
macs aren't overrated they're just too expensive for what u get. great computers though but they have downsides just like everything else. and i think u mean linux. u can get a great custom pc for around 600 and it's just as good if not better than a mac i think. but i love my mac but ur not gonna get a good one in ur price range for a laptop at least.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
i'll be using it for recording, internet..
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x

most recording studios use macs and macs come standard with garageband. macs are also great at multi tasking.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by lua4x
what type of computers are good?
are macs overated?
are pc ****?
lenux (sp)?
i'm looking in the area of like 1200 tops.. (canadian $)
thanks guys

You can do the same on a PC what others do on a mac. It's all personal preference.
Im a PC fan and have worked on all types of computers and OSs. I can crash them all with video editing programs.

I say go for a PC, macs are way too overpriced for what you get...

For recording I use a PC every day and would rather stick with one. More programs work on it and you can easily run Sonar on it which is what I use for my software.

I say build yourself a custom PC...you can really save a lot doing this.
2.0GHz dual core and at least 2GB ram, OS of XP for sure when dealing with recording. Get lots of storage space and quick hard drives...the 7200 RPM range..solid state would be even better but isnt required.

I run my studio off an Acer Aspire T180 with 2GB ram, added storage, and a GT8600 video card...oh and a PCI interface for the audio section.

for more recording advice go to the R&R form
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 28, 2008,
^for recording programs, he should go to R&R.

right now, i'd suggest a regular windows based computer. they're cheaper and easier to upgrade. more programs and hardware are available to them, too.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by lua4x

save a little for a Macbook Pro its worth the wait and cash it will serve you well in the recording areas. Also Garageband is great but if your serious like me upgrade to logic express.
Quote by riffmasterjosh
most recording studios use macs and macs come standard with garageband. macs are also great at multi tasking.

you can do the same on a PC for half the price.