so im looking into getting an all tube amp, with a budget of around 700-800(USD) , or maybe a lil more depending on recommendations

im into some classic rock/metal as well as some new things

black sabbath
ac/dc
alice in chains
Guns n roses
godsmack

i was looking into the Peavey valveking, until i expanded my budget i saw recommendations for the Peavey classic 30, are their any other amps you UG'ers suggest me look into playing tomorrow at guitarcenter

i play through an epiphone g-400 1966 remake
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Standard-S.O.R-Electric-Guitar?sku=512455
Last edited by jtmj121 at Jun 28, 2008,
Bugera. Look into them. Their great.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I think Peavey Classic, or maybe some kind of Orange might be good... Might have to go used for the Orange though... And not sure what model...
Not bugera for classic sounds, and Orange is expensive in the States...

You might be able to swing one, though.

Try the Palomino V32 and the Crate V33/50. They can do all that stuff you want, and they sound better than the Valveking.

The Classic 30 is great, but also give the Delta Blues a look. It might suit you better, because it's a bit darker than the Classic.
Epiphone blues custom.
Ibanez turbo tubescreamer.
And some new pickups, pots and a new switch for the guitar.
Stock epiphone electronics are the semi-suck.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
i was liking the sound of the Palomino V32 on youtube, couldn't find a crate v50, but did find a v30 and liked that a lot....

any more to add to the list to try tomorrow before i go to bed?
Orange Rocker 30 with an OD pedal? They can't be 800 in the States...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The classic 30 and Valvekings are both pretty good, but at this point you can probably afford better.

What sort of wattage are you looking for? A used mesa of some sort is probably way too much power but you might like that. Since people are mentioning 5 watt heats, I've heard good things about the blackheart one.