As of tomorrow, I'm going on a 10 hour plane trip to Bali for a week. It'll be my first time overseas.

Has anyone been there before?
If so, what's it like, etc?

Quote by Dwardom
Bali Island in Indonesia?

Yeah, Bali is an Indonesian island in the western most of the Lesser Sunda Islands, lying between Java to the west and Lombok to the east.

Quote by StratPat
Don't. Take. Drugs.

+1

In some countries in that area, it's capital punishment (death) for possession of drugs.
its a cool place, surf is awesome, everything is cheap, but stay clean u dont wanna get bali belly (diorrhea, vomiting etc.) is sucks ass. But depends on where your going, there are some really beautiful places inland and on the coast. and remember ALWAYS HAGGLE and definately no drugs or you'll end up an
Quote by halvies
its a cool place, surf is awesome, everything is cheap, but stay clean u dont wanna get bali belly (diorrhea, vomiting etc.) is sucks ass. But depends on where your going, there are some really beautiful places inland and on the coast. and remember ALWAYS HAGGLE and definately no drugs or you'll end up an

Awesome.
And I'll make sure I stay clear of the Bali Belly.
I'm going in November/December, and i've been talking to a few friends who have been and here's what I can tell you.
- Don't drink the tap-water unless it's been boiled. It's pretty infected, if you do drink it and it hasn't been boiled you'll get really sick.
- The price isn't set on anything outside of supermarkets and fast-food stores. You basically banter with the shop owners for it.
- Don't ever talk to a salesman unless you want to buy something there, and even then wait until you're inside. They're sneaky bastards, as soon as you respond to them they won't leave you alone, and they try and up their price when you go inside.
- Only get into the blue taxis. Theyre government owned ones, the other guys will charge you more than the fare.
- Stay out of Kuta at night time.
- Don't be a smartass to the locals. They're generally nice people who've obviously had it tough recently.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
I'm going in November/December, and i've been talking to a few friends who have been and here's what I can tell you.
- Don't drink the tap-water unless it's been boiled. It's pretty infected, if you do drink it and it hasn't been boiled you'll get really sick.
- The price isn't set on anything outside of supermarkets and fast-food stores. You basically banter with the shop owners for it.
- Don't ever talk to a salesman unless you want to buy something there, and even then wait until you're inside. They're sneaky bastards, as soon as you respond to them they won't leave you alone, and they try and up their price when you go inside.
- Only get into the blue taxis. Theyre government owned ones, the other guys will charge you more than the fare.
- Stay out of Kuta at night time.
- Don't be a smartass to the locals. They're generally nice people who've obviously had it tough recently.

Thanks for that.
I'll keep all that in mind.
Quote by StratPat
Don't. Take. Drugs.

Lol. Shappelle (sp?) Corby
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by babyboo666
+1

In some countries in that area, it's capital punishment (death) for possession of drugs.

+100000

p.s. 'Some countries' includes Bali...

Unless you have a stupid long name and you're in leagues with gangsters...then it's only 22 years with good behaviour...

Eat **** Schapelle
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
hey i might see you over there im going on monday.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Its amazing there.
If youve never gone diving before... its a good time to start.
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
nice choice have fun
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.