well sweep picking aint that hard ...

i just looked up a lesson on sweeping at cyberfret.com and after trying to do exactly what the guy did in the video, even if its basic i pretty much got it down (only 3 strings and i can add the hammer on slightly, but still)...that technique is not as hard as i thought...but then again i did practice it for like 30 minutes along with tapping and scales

and barred chords are becoming second nature slowly but surely (by the way you can play those without changing the shape every time, just move it up or down the neck right ?)

scales.............well the major scale at least (the 5-8, 5-7 combo) is officially second nature, and i can somewhat improvise off of that, but you can only use the same notes over and over in the same box before you want to step out for some fresh air, but more scales will be added into my repertoire soon

and oh my god how many friggin chords are there ???!!!!

and why do some of them sound like trash ?
you're doing pretty well,

there are thousands of chords, and they are all for different uses, if they sound trash is a matter of opinion.

how long have you been playing?

maybe you should start learning tapping now
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
tapping..............yeah i can do it, but i keep getting out of rhythm (but i make my own patterns though and see what happens, but my hands aren't the most coordinated yet)

and ive only been playing since december 15, 2007 (thats when i got it), but ive been on and off with it ...

and those chords, omg god, i looked at that list and im thinking to myself "why the **** is there so many ?"

and does playing them with overdrive or distortion have anything to do with the sound ?

as far as sweeping ...when people say its only a chord with the comprising notes played individually, why is it whenever i look at people on youtube and they're sweeping, it looks like they're playing the whole damn fretboard ?

and now im about to go to the air force and do you think they'll let me bring my guitar with me after basic training ?
Quote by fenderstrat730
well sweep picking aint that hard ...

i just looked up a lesson on sweeping at cyberfret.com and after trying to do exactly what the guy did in the video, even if its basic i pretty much got it down (only 3 strings and i can add the hammer on slightly, but still)...that technique is not as hard as i thought...but then again i did practice it for like 30 minutes along with tapping and scales

and barred chords are becoming second nature slowly but surely (by the way you can play those without changing the shape every time, just move it up or down the neck right ?)

scales.............well the major scale at least (the 5-8, 5-7 combo) is officially second nature, and i can somewhat improvise off of that, but you can only use the same notes over and over in the same box before you want to step out for some fresh air, but more scales will be added into my repertoire soon

and oh my god how many friggin chords are there ???!!!!

and why do some of them sound like trash ?

You typing a load of stuff means nothing, nobody can tell how good you are at the things you say you know so this thread is meaningless. If you can't play barre chords then I can't see how you can possibly sweep pick, you sure you're not just arpeggiating chords? You've barely been playing 6 months, there's absolutely no need to be concerned with stuff like tapping and sweeping yet, it's far more productive spending time getting the basics right - and trust me, they won't be right yet.

If you absolutely have to know how "good" you are or how well you're doing then post a vid or recording in the recordings forum and ask for crits.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 28, 2008,
that article was useful.......and before i go practice some more, i never said i couldnt do barre chords though

and just looking at that list of chords at cyberfret.com, just tires me out...and is it necessary to learn every last one of them ?

and the whole sweeping part i mentioned

ive got the three string sweep, but I just havent mastered going across all the strings yet, and it isnt that hard is what i was saying

and i know a few songs, but people say that dont really matter right now .......
Last edited by fenderstrat730 at Jun 28, 2008,
Nobody can tell you how good you are over the internet.

Everyone learns at different speeds.
Been away, am back