diadario XLs 10 gauge D standard
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by DiMeTiMe
I use the searchbar, works well in all tunings.

....GHS Boomers 10-52 - for realz.

Too lazy. Not to mention that this is a thing that changes for people over time, so its a valid question to ask again
Quote by Say Ocean

Too lazy. Not to mention that this is a thing that changes for people over time, so its a valid question to ask again

Had to be said .

..also I'm gonna man up, and try some 11-54's .
10s - 42s

Havent tried anything else but 9s, and they suck.

I really dont bother between brands, i cant really notice a difference.\

I play mostly metal and rock.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I use .009s, for basically every genre (rock, blues, metal mostly?) In standard.

I've tried .010s, but they always pull the neck out of whack. Heaviest my guitars seem to be able to handle are light (.009) tops and heavy (.010) bottoms. And then it is in D standard/ Drop C.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I use .11's a lot and I've used .12's once or twice. But I got to admit, I just put 10s on and I like em, so I will probably use them for the next few string changes.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I use .009s, for basically every genre (rock, blues, metal mostly?) In standard.

I've tried .010s, but they always pull the neck out of whack. Heaviest my guitars seem to be able to handle are light (.009) tops and heavy (.010) bottoms. And then it is in D standard/ Drop C.

Well you just have to adjust the truss rod and intonation probably.

I'm thinking of bumping up to 14's just for the hell of it haha. Maybe I'll go back to 12's after and they'll be a piece of cake. I can barely play 9's they're so noodly, my bends go sharp and I can't do runs as fast because the wobbly strings trip up my picking haha
Quote by jthm_guitarist

.9?... That's really light dude, you sure thats what it is?
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
depends on how I"m feeling but normally 13.s

but right now I have 11s on the bottom and 8.s on the top of my LP it's pretty cool
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
.010-.052 Elixir Nanowebs.
Standard Tuning.

I play alot of Dream Theater and Collective Soul.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
10-46. i play lots of mellow music to heavy music.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I used to use Rotosound pinks (thin E was 0.9), but now I use D'Addario Regular Light Gauhe (.010 - 046)
it varies. Mostly the ernie ball slinky sets, in various gauges, although i also have been using GHS boomers lately, and i'm considering trying some of those infinity-steel strings GHS do, i've been told they recude the boomy bass response you get from higher output passive humbuckers like the fender atomic-humbucker i have on my Cyclone, which causes the bypass of some of my pedals to clip as though i'm using a crap solid state amp...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
im a recent convert to ernie ball skinny top/heavy bottom 10-52s for D standard

9s phail in comparison
these ones also seem to last longer?

oh and music style, mostly metal or hard rock....
Top lel.
custom set of 12-54 Roto-Sounds tuned to D standard now...

Pretty good for anything... I use it mainly for my Death Metal band, but I also write in many different genres such as classical/chillout/funk etc etc..

-Paul