Anyone else work night shift? (getting off around 2-3ish in the morning)

I do, and I hate how it changes my sleep schedule. I always end up waking up at 4 in the afternoon. Rather depressing eh?

discuss your night shift woes... or comment on how i said getting off.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I did that one summer. I had to travel in a van (generally picked up around 7:00 PM) to different Publix supermarkets and spend all night working on the floors. I was always miserable because I was either asleep or in a supermarket.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
I did that one summer. I had to travel in a van (generally picked up around 7:00 PM) to different Publix supermarkets and spend all night working on the floors. I was always miserable because I was either asleep or in a supermarket.

I've been living that life for about three years now, and it's quite depressing, but if you make friends with the people you work around it's not so bad.
Quote by merfsullivan
That's not the night shift. I get out at 7 or 8 AM. THAT'S a nightshift.

Well... to a certain point it doesnt matter. We both are on oppisite schedules than the majority of the world i suppose. When do you start your shift?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I seriously wish I could do that.
I hate a job that involves a lot on socialization.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by merfsullivan
I've been living that life for about three years now, and it's quite depressing, but if you make friends with the people you work around it's not so bad.

Yea, very true. At my job I was woking 6 days a week for a while. Only saw the sun for a few hours a day. Make lots of money... but you dont realy feel like part of the normal world, lol if you know what i mean.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by merfsullivan

Yeah, that helped. I was pretty lucky because I'm related to three of the guys I worked with and almost everyone else happened to be pretty friendly. The worst part was the strange characters that were there doing other things and the constant stream of Gloria Estefan playing throughout the stores.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by ripple07
Well... to a certain point it doesnt matter. We both are on oppisite schedules than the majority of the world i suppose. When do you start your shift?

I go in around 10PM or 11.

The hardest part is a lack of a social life. It really doesn't leave much time open to do anything. I usually try and sleep from 1-9 (you know, the exact times people start getting active), 6 nights a week. Never with a weekend night off.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah, that helped. I was pretty lucky because I'm related to three of the guys I worked with and almost everyone else happened to be pretty friendly. The worst part was the strange characters that were there doing other things and the constant stream of Gloria Estefan playing throughout the stores.

The music is the worst! I always have my iPod on. I tried without it at first, but the music will drive you out of your mind. It also tends to rile me up when they start playing Rick Astley. I always feel like in addition to taking away my social life that they are Rick Rolling me.
Last edited by merfsullivan at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by merfsullivan
I go in around 10PM or 11.

The hardest part is a lack of a social life. It really doesn't leave much time open to do anything. I usually try and sleep from 1-9 (you know, the exact times people start getting active), 6 nights a week. Never with a weekend night off.

True, true. Definitley hampers the social life. My friends are getting upset with me at the moment. They want me to do whatever with them, and they don't understand why I can't wake up before 3-4pm
Quote by Gabel
Quote by merfsullivan
The music is the worst! I always have my iPod on. I tried without it at first, but the music will drive you out of your mind. It also tends to rile me up when they start playing Rick Astley. I always feel like in addition to taking away my social life that they are Rick Rolling me.

Yeah, I always laughed when I heard his majestic voice booming throughout the aisles, but overall the music was terrible.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I finish about 1am and work 2 nights a week, so its not too bad but still throws out my sleeping pattern and because i have to usually be up early for university i lose a lot of sleep during the week. Then I sleep for like 12 hours on weekend nights just to catch up on sleep
Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah, I always laughed when I heard his majestic voice booming throughout the aisles, but overall the music was terrible.

Well that is one of the pluses of my job I suppose. I spend the majority of it on the road. So no 80's pop for me, unless of course I am in the mood
Quote by Gabel
Has anyone else noticed that your friends always tend to call you while you're asleep? Regardless of how many times you tell them you sleep at the times you do?
Quote by merfsullivan
Has anyone else noticed that your friends always tend to call you while you're asleep? Regardless of how many times you tell them you sleep at the times you do?

Oh god yes... That really bugs me. And than they get upset that you dont answer...
Quote by Gabel