so i could tune my guitar down to drop c and with it sounding good, i was told to buy heavier gauge strings. i then put the strings on but because i have the floyd rose locking system and they were heavier gauge strings so it kept pulling the bridge up and wouldnt stay in tune.
i took it to the store and they said that i have to take them off and use lighter strings. So i did, but now with lighter strings when i tune to drop c it just keeps going out of tune straight away.
Is there anyway that i can tune my guitar down to drop c?? or is it not possible..
Yeah, you have to adjust the floyd rose. The people at yr guitar shop are stupid.

It does take a long time, because you have to adapt the floyd, then retunre, then adap tthe floyd, then retune... It took me an hour or so.

Take off the panels on the back of your guitar, you should see two or three strings attached to two screws. You need to use them (the screws) to adapt the floyd.
You can use heavier strings, but you may need to add an extra spring.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by CobbZ
Yeah, you have to adjust the floyd rose. The people at yr guitar shop are stupid.

It does take a long time, because you have to adapt the floyd, then retunre, then adap tthe floyd, then retune... It took me an hour or so.

Take off the panels on the back of your guitar, you should see two or three strings attached to two screws. You need to use them (the screws) to adapt the floyd.

thanks and yes they are stupid, not very happy with them