Page 1 of 2
As the title says.
The longest one I know is Dopesmoker by Sleep which is an hour and 3 minutes.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by jycottonmouth
One of Pink Floyds songs.. about 20 minutes long I think?

If he said he knew a song that was over 1 hour long, how is a 20 minute song going to be longer?
Quote by SOADrox429
As the title says.
The longest one I know is Dopesmoker by Sleep which is an hour and 3 minutes.

same dream theatre is up there to though with seasons and octavarium
The song that never ends, Yes it goes on and on my friends.
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
same dream theatre is up there to though with seasons and octavarium

Dream Theater's longest song is Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, I believe.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by saphrax
http://longplayer.org/

Longplayer has been playing for 8 years, 179 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes...

without repetition!

haha i am jamming over that right now! awesome
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Fantomas have a whole album which is just one 74 minute song. However I highly doubt it is the longest song ever. DT have some pretty long songs too.
Quote by kiennM
The song that never ends, Yes it goes on and on my friends.

I hear some people started singing it, not knowing how long it was.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
some floyd albums could almost be called one song.. also thick as a brick has only one song! although that only goes for 43 minutes...
There's a song that''s being played that won't end for a few hundred years. Written by some crazy guy who also wrote a silent song that lasted for two minutes and forty-forty seconds. Weirdo.
There are bound to be songs that are like 16 hours long, so when you say Dream Theater's 6 Degrees or Pink Floyd's work you're off by a long shot.

Triple J TV in Australia are attempting to make the worlds longest pop song with video, I'll keep you updated on how that goes...
woooow
thats hardly a song
their just hitting gongs and it has no structure if it never repeats
it is a song but just barley
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by saphrax

Jamming with that? Please film it and put on uToob! I dunno how you get inspiration from it!

im high
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
That longplayer is so boring. All it has is ambient noise, and various steel and glass tubes being hit at random times.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by Timothym
There's a song that''s being played that won't end for a few hundred years. Written by some crazy guy who also wrote a silent song that lasted for two minutes and forty-forty seconds. Weirdo.

I believe that after the piece 2'40" there's nothing completely new you can do with music.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
Quote by BGSM
There are bound to be songs that are like 16 hours long, so when you say Dream Theater's 6 Degrees or Pink Floyd's work you're off by a long shot.

Triple J TV in Australia are attempting to make the worlds longest pop song with video, I'll keep you updated on how that goes...

I figured that, but I meant more along the lines of something that was written to be a song, not just to be long.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
I was gonna say Dopesmoker too! Hail stoner doom!
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Timothym

John Cage and his silent song was called and goes for 4'33, and i think that long song of his is played on an organ (i belive) and every note is played until it stops (because the notes go on for a looong time on an organ)
Quote by tyler_j
John Cage and his silent song was called and goes for 4'33, and i think that long song of his is played on an organ (i belive) and every note is played until it stops (because the notes go on for a looong time on an organ)

Didn't someone get sued for plagiarising 4'33?
Quote by Timothym

i dont know what long song your refering to but john cage wrote that silent song. Pretty good song atcually. and i think it's 4 minutes and something.

EDIT:
I didnt even realize there was a second page to the thread. GAAAAHH! I hate when people beat me to stuff
-Gibson SG Faded
-Behringer HB01 Wah (I realize it sucks, but i have no money right now)
-Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
-Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger
-I'm not gonna list my amp until I get a decent one
Quote by tyler_j

I was going to mention this, but couldn't remember the guy's name or how long the "silent" (total misnomer) song was. I think the really long one is played in shifts and has been ever since it was started.
Supper's Ready by Genesis is 20 minutes long. Have a listen, it's great

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Quote by Sol9989
tbh you could slow any song down by a potentially infinite multiple and make it last however long you wanted.

The difference is that they're actually going to perform it for 639 years.

Bunch of idiots if you ask me...
After that 1:03 hours song, probably "DT - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" which is like 43 minutes long.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

A lot of Classic Arabic songs last 3 hours. Theres like 1-3 songs on a c.d. though.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I have a version of The Flower Kings' Garden of Dreams which is 3 hours long.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Page 1 of 2