I just changed the strings on my RG but I noticed the Rosewood is a bit dry, so I want to put some of this stuff on it. However, I'm not sure if this will harm the strings or not. Is this stuff fine to get on strings if I wipe them down well afterward? I would really like to avoid having to take new strings off, especially since this is a floating trem guitar.

Thanks.
Dude, first of all, im sure lem oil will work just as well, and probably for a quarter of the price. Second, is to be safe, and not get sticky strings, just do it when you restring. I done it to my RG the other week, and i had no problems, just make sure you block the trem before you take all the strings off, and after you've put all the strings back on and tuned, itll all be fine.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
^Yeah I just don't want to go through the hassle of re-tuning, since they're new strings. How about Dr. Duck's Ax Wax? Will that sufficiently lube up the fretboard? I have some handy.
you need to take the strings off the guitar before you do any fretboard cleaning. Also use lemon oil. I use Dunlop ultimate lemon oil 65. Was dirt cheap ($6 Australian) and I've used it about 10 times now and its only about 1/8'th empty. It'll last you for years.

Get it!
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
What ibanez are you doing it to? if its your 550, you may want to rethink ,as im sure that fretboard is maple....
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
use lemon oil cheap and does the job. i even use it if the strings are old to give them some slick.
yerp im sure ill add something amazing here some day.
Quote by Rvddps
What ibanez are you doing it to? if its your 550, you may want to rethink ,as im sure that fretboard is maple....

You think I can't tell the difference between Rosewood and Maple? It's Rosewood. RG550RXX.