Seems my guitar really doesn't like being loud.
When playing in my bedroom through my line6 spiderII 15 watt (yeah i know) it's fine, but in practices through bigger & louder amps it just goes crazy with feedback.
Now I play lots of stop/start riffs in my band, so it's not great for that when I've got a tonne of feedback in between.

I've got a feeling it could be a grounding problem, but I'm not sure where I'd have to ground the loose wire to if that's the case.
But then I'm thinking if it's a grounding problem, then wouldn't it happen on my line6 too?

My questions are:
Where would I ground the wire to if that is the case? (It's an 80's les paul copy)
And, Is it just a case of I have really crappy pickups?

Thanks!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Crappy pickups. My Jackson RR3 with Seymour Duncans is pretty quiet on high-gain, but I played my friend's Vintage Les Paul copy with stock pickups and it screamed like your little sister through the same amp on the same settings. Get a nice pair of pickups and get them wax potted
ohai little sig.
There's a few things to do first before you blame the guitar:

1) Make sure you're not standing directly infront of the amp you're playing through.

2) Knock the gain down a little bit.

3) Try a few different leads, sometimes a bad lead doesn't help anything.

4) You might need to shield the pickups, it's easy to do, just look up a tutorial.

5) Your pickups might be microphonic, check out CorduroyEW's guide on Shellac potting:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547959&highlight=shellac+potting

Hopefully that helps mate.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'll check out the sheilding idea and the Shellac idea too, is Shellac available over in the UK? If not, what's the next best thing?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?